What to do at dive site when not diving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goondoo said:
Yea, you should reeeeaaally learn from gals, they will never ever talk with their mouth "full" :p

yeah, that said..... you should "spit, dun swallow" ... while swallowing wouldn't kill you either if not in large amounts, then you might gag and give up.

WhyZzzzzz said:
yeah, that said..... you should "spit, dun swallow" ... while swallowing wouldn't kill you either if not in large amounts, then you might gag and give up.
I thought this thread is abt "What to do at dive site when not diving? "
come back to the point.........
Dun drift to other place...... :nono:

Annery said:

hmmm I think you didnt get my point then.... this is a underwater photography forum in the 1st place, not above water! ahahahaaa

Annery said:

sorry...was trying my best to give advise... :p

Goondoo said:
hmmm I think you didnt get my point then.... this is a underwater photography forum in the 1st place, not above water! ahahahaaa
Hey......... regarding your reply hor......
go ask the guy who started the thread lar........
he was the one who post this thread here.......

Now now guys.... let's not fray too far away from astin's initial request of knowing what to do whilst her wife is diving.

Well Astin, to give a good complilation of what has transpired;

Normally there will be 2 types of dive operations 1.) resort based 2.) LOB (abbr for Live on Board)

If for instance, you are going to a resort based operations, then most probably you will have some scenery to photograph, *most* do have beaches, clear blue water...... well most... again it depends which part of the world you are talking about.

If you are on a Live On Board, then you are basically stuck on the boat, again depending on which part of the world you are at, you'll be able to photography some scenic islands, even children on their small bumboats on fishing trips. Most dive sites are quite close to islands, if they have a small bum boat, you'd might want to tell them to drop you off at a nearby island for some scenic pictures. If you are lucky, you'd catch a couple pods of dolphins or whales.

Then again if you are land based/resort based most probably you will have chances of taking photos of bikini clad babes, then again they wouldn't be as prolific as the models you have engaged. Then again there are models that you have engaged, that do dive. All depends on your luck and which resort you are looking at. Certain places are known to have a huge frocliking of japanese divers on certain time of the year, and some places are reknown to have greek and german sun goddess.

Well if you are up to it, there are alot of resort based operations that do provide daily trekking tips to national parks, (if any in the vicinity), else there are always sea sports like jet skiing, wind surfing.. etc assuming you are at a classier dive resort.

If the dive destination that you are visiting is near to a town or a city, then i would presume that you'd be able to visit the city for photographic opportunities.

Hope all there have quenched your query on activities whilst your partner is getting loaded with nitrogen.

A gentle reminder to all, not to sway too far away from the initial thread starter's request. As goondo has pointed out before, this is a Underwater Photography forum.

cheers
Underwater Photography.

Annery said:
Hey......... regarding your reply hor......
go ask the guy who started the thread lar........
he was the one who post this thread here.......

mods!!!!! wake up!!! :p:p:p:p

"Underwater Photography
All things nautically & photographically related discussed. Dive in!!"

The title of this forum is "Underwater Photography", the description of this forum is "All things nautically & photographically related discussed. Dive in!!"
For those who do not know what "nautically" is.... nautically means relating to ships, sailing or sailors, not underwater......
Thus anything associated with Underwater, Nautical and Photography can be discussed here..... i guess i am not the one who need to wake up....... but someone who has been underwater for too long.......
I think the Moderator should take note too.......

Annery said:
"Underwater Photography

The title of this forum is "Underwater Photography", the description of this forum is "All things nautically & photographically related discussed. Dive in!!"
For those who do not know what "nautically" is.... nautically means relating to ships, sailing or sailors, not underwater......
Thus anything associated with Underwater, Nautical and Photography can be discussed here..... i guess i am not the one who need to wake up....... but someone who has been underwater for too long.......

Hi Annery,

I believe Goondoo did not mean any harm over his expressions over your comments, I would preceive it as a "Gentle reminder" too all that this is a underwater photography subforum of clubsnap.

It is hard sometimes to "read" the expression on a post over the internet as there are no real face to face value which acertains whether the comment was meant to target you or someone else.

None the less lets not get worked up over a light hearted thread in terms of diving and its affiliations.

Let's Move on.

Cheers
Underwater Photography

Annery said:
"Underwater Photography

hmmm...
so we should stop discussing about underwater photography in this sub-forum and start talking about crapping tattoos on sailors, popeye, boat designs.... wait... photography.... hmmm... take photos of engine room (pls note: not wreck), sailors' cabin..... etc....

waisj said:
Hi Annery,

I believe Goondoo did not mean any harm over his expressions over your comments, I would preceive it as a "Gentle reminder" too all that this is a underwater photography subforum of clubsnap.

It is hard sometimes to "read" the expression on a post over the internet as there are no real face to face value which acertains whether the comment was meant to target you or someone else.

None the less lets not get worked up over a light hearted thread in terms of diving and its affiliations.

Let's Move on.

Cheers
Underwater Photography

*sigh*
just when i found some good way of releasing my work stress :(
Anyway, Annery, no hard feelings huh ;)
im just bored, stressed, burn out........................

Anyway, I doubt Annery will take it personal. :)

Goondoo said:
*sigh*
just when i found some good way of releasing my work stress :(
Anyway, Annery, no hard feelings huh ;)
im just bored, stressed, burn out........................

Well, it is just a small misunderstanding. As a person sitting on the fence i can see that it is merely a joke preceived or taken in a non cladly way.

None the less, let's not dwell too much into the details.

Let's move on.

Well, this is what the next trip supposed to be. It is to Manado, at a resort called Two Fish Divers Resort. There will be a volcano trek. (I am ok with the trek). Also trip to some market/town areas/etc. I am not too sure whether I should join, I have 0% interest in diving sport, 50% interest in trekking and walking around market, and 101% interest in photography.

Astin said:
Well, this is what the next trip supposed to be. It is to Manado, at a resort called Two Fish Divers Resort. There will be a volcano trek. (I am ok with the trek). Also trip to some market/town areas/etc. I am not too sure whether I should join, I have 0% interest in diving sport, 50% interest in trekking and walking around market, and 101% interest in photography.

ah ha!!!! caught you!!!!
not sailors, boats...etc related!!!! :p

Astin said:

Ahhh..... Manado. Taking advantage of the Cheap airfare huh :D
Well there are a few mountain treks that are quite good over in manado and most resort will be providing them.

However there are a few national parks that might be worth a visit if you have time to kill. There is nothing much in the city, but photographically it might be a gem to behold.

Hope that helped.

Since the thread has served it's purpose, It shall be closed.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.