what the purpose of mini tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by kamwai
it is not really stable for my D30....so u must paid extra caution when using mini tripod with SLR
really? you tried it with your D30? what lens were you using and how heavy was the setup roughly?

mini.jpg

Hmm....how heavy is a D30 + 20-35? tomolo i go weight then tell u the answer....

at least with this combi, the tripod is stable. of cos with the 70-210/f2.8 next to it, the mini tripod will topple immediately.

btw, anyone have experience with the Sigma 70-210/f2.8 APO?? how is it compare to the new (HSM) version?

hmm...the camera is <30cm away from the mirror, but the minimum focus length of 20-35 is 34cm. Also, when i check the EXIF data, the focal length is actually 60cm which is twice the distance from the mirror to the camera.

Even with 1.6x multipier, there is still a bit of distortion too (look at the glass) but the distortion is so small to me that i won't worry abt it.

Eh, just a question regarding tripods, how much does it cost to get a sturdy tripod? not a mini one....
One with a metal bolt?

Regards

Originally posted by firefox13
oohhhh... that's quite light. mine should be heavier, since i use vertical grip on my SLR.

probably even more unstable cos center of gravity is higher..

but u using film SLR rite? which is much lighter than Digital one...

i am not sure which model u using....if it is higher end one probably bigger and heavier

Status
Not open for further replies.