What jobs allow you to travel the world frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its true... overseas posting may not be as fun as what ppl's think...

I have been flying frequently for the past year, personally there will come a time where you will be sick of it due to the jet lag and the moving a round. Short distance is not too bad but for long distrance travel, things gets a little tiring. And in Singapore context, reporting back to sing office is a must to most ppl, therefore you work from 8am - 5 pm over there and get back home to call back to singapore office like maybe 11 pm, sometimes teleconference with the sing office can last till maybe 2 am when u are oversea and u are expect to be fresh in the office again the next day.

When u are back to the office in singapore, report is a must and like most of the ppl mention, now a days company is timing your every move and trying to cut cost and minimise your stopping over time between countries when you transit.

So travel working might not be as glamourous as what most think, the worst is the family sickness that you face oversea. Sleeping might be problem when u oversea when someone in singapore call u in the middle of the night cos of the time difference.

So u have to be mentally prepared when u take it up. There is always two sides to a coin depends on how you flip it.

But generally, most MNC will send their ppl out for exposure at least. Check out the papers for requirements.

Astin said:
Some more...
Domestic helper: (aka maid) always in demand in major Asian cities
Construction worker: same as above
Driver: in demand in major Middle East cities
To quote Austin

Domestic helper: (aka maid) always in demand in major Asian cities
Skills required: Ability to withstand Employer torture

Construction worker: same as above
Skills required: Ability to build something out of nothing

Driver: in demand in major Middle East cities
Skills required: Ability to operate the following - AK47, M16, RPG, Class 3 license with advanced defensive driving techniques required. Military experience preferred (most here would qualify unless u are not a Singaporean or u'd never served NS before)

stprmit said:
Project Engineer in Multi National Companies !!!
This Job keeps you travel frequently and stay in that particular countries for quite lengthly period !!!
However, this is a very stressful job,

That's how I develop my photography Interest
In order to keep me survive in this Working Field !!!

I am project engineer too and I did lots of travel. But I never bring my gears during business travelling since almost no time left for slacking. Also because I always traveling to ulu ulu places, 7-14 hrs trip with car to customer site is a norm. Almost everynight I need to go pub with my collegue for drinking or to company our customer if I am staying near to City. But most of the time I stay at guest house or small hotel near the site to save travelling time. My job is very tough but I love it.
I believe most of us will not bring our camera to this kind of environment: http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4115d17az68f6ea86/7dcb/__sr_/e144re2.jpg?phwrKvDBtNPvws8d

Knighthunter said:
I am project engineer too and I did lots of travel. But I never bring my gears during business travelling since almost no time left for slacking. Also because I always traveling to ulu ulu places, 7-14 hrs trip with car to customer site is a norm. Almost everynight I need to go pub with my collegue for drinking or to company our customer if I am staying near to City. But most of the time I stay at guest house or small hotel near the site to save travelling time. My job is very tough but I love it.
I believe most of us will not bring our camera to this kind of environment: http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4115d17az68f6ea86/7dcb/__sr_/e144re2.jpg?phwrKvDBtNPvws8d

Friend, your link doesn't work leh.;p

scanner said:
Then at the moment, I think I'm way much better than you.:bsmilie:
Will chat with you once I'm back from my business trip. ;)
Wah PRO come back don't chat with me chat with knighthunter, buay steady leh.

Who ask me not PLO also :(

Best is to work hard, to travel or tour, two times a year. ;p

Problem is after buying all those photographic gear, no more $$$ liao. :(

espn said:
Wah PRO come back don't chat with me chat with knighthunter, buay steady leh.

Who ask me not PLO also :(

Wah steady lah. PRO wanted to talk to me, sure no problem one....:bsmilie:

Knighthunter said:
try again : http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thedidavid/detail?.dir=7dcb&.dnm=e144re2.jpg&.src=ph

This place made me smell worse than belacan, not to mention how many maggots I step everytime I enter or exit the fishmeal plant,
Wow, looks like good photo op man!
Understand that for work, sometimes not convenient... so just bring a
small compact lor... else how to take the above photo right? ;)

nuts said:
Wow, looks like good photo op man!
Understand that for work, sometimes not convenient... so just bring a
small compact lor... else how to take the above photo right? ;)

I got small compact camera from my company. It's a very old sony digicam 1.3 mp without zoom.
This place is okay, but it makes all your equipment smell fishy, once back to SG I spray all my things with parfume.

Knighthunter said:

I am a Sales and service engineer, so got to travel much around southeast asia. However, always make it a point to look-see-look-see. ;)

Was in Vietnam for work too recently, but luckier. Got this from the 33 floor building:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7672/vietnamparanoma1a0ox.jpg

:bsmilie:

Fumio said:
I am a Sales and service engineer, so got to travel much around southeast asia. However, always make it a point to look-see-look-see. ;)

Was in Vietnam for work too recently, but luckier. Got this from the 33 floor building:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7672/vietnamparanoma1a0ox.jpg

:bsmilie:

Is that Hanoi? I've been to Hanoi but no time to explore the city.
Vietnam is a good place and friendly people....just becareful with their seafood. You may get something that totally different what usually eat here.
Did you get chance to the travel on road? the drivers there have special hand signal to warn other drivers of traffic police ops.
I will going to HCMC again before CNY.

Knighthunter said:
Is that Hanoi? I've been to Hanoi but no time to explore the city.
Vietnam is a good place and friendly people....just becareful with their seafood. You may get something that totally different what usually eat here.
Did you get chance to the travel on road? the drivers there have special hand signal to warn other drivers of traffic police ops.
I will going to HCMC again before CNY.

Was in HCMC on the last day. Crazy traffic there. They horn so much! Didn't know so much abt their seafood or hand signal cos was there first time. Anyway, i always drink mineral water and eat fast food in such countries unless some local ppl bring me for local food.
Thx for advice!
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.