What is your first impression of this local photog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably a clubsnap member and will stumble upon this thread soon.

Hello :)

I don't know why the word "voyeur" came up in the first place... check the definition in the dictionary to really know what it means... to call a person a 'voyeur' or call his work voyeuristic can be very derisive...

Just checked out more of his postings.....

ANyway, with titles like "Fetish" and all that butt shots... oh well...

Plus he's lecturer at a local poly... my goodness... I hope non of my friends end up on that site or end up in his class.... its almost like sggirls.... :eek:

lazyfiddler said:
There are quite a few albums with shots done in what is entitled "Jungle Ruins".... any one has any idea on where is that place where he did his jungle ruins shots?

Isit jungle island or jungle ruins ??? :confused:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Isit jungle island or jungle ruins ??? :confused:

Apologies... I must have referred to the caption instead...

I am referring to the location where the photog did his album entitled "Singapore Girls : The Secret Jungle Shoot" on the 1st page of the website. Any one knows where is the place??

Gam Sia..

On a quick glance through the gallery, I don't get the feeling he is sneakily taking photos. In fact in his album of his students it appears they posed for him.

While some parties here may feel less than agreeable that their friends or acquaintances get featured on the site, they should also remember that this photographer has his own liberties where he can point his camera as long as it doesn't violate the modesty of the subjects involved.

It is founded on the same liberties some cry long and loud for, since 9-11, when whipping out a camera in public areas in the vicinity of sensitive buildings and location becomes a contentious point.

It is distasteful, but it isn't illegal.

That's what I think. I sure would not like someone to dictate what I can or cannot shoot as long as it is within the boundaries of law.

May i ask how you have the link to this gallery ?

arowana said:
May i ask how you have the link to this gallery ?

he posted the link directly to the "cheerleader's wisdom" gallery, on one of the cheerleading team's portal page, which i'm a member. and if you wish to find out, i have personal pals in the team, so that's what irks me.

adamadam said:
He's probably a clubsnap member and will stumble upon this thread soon.

Hello :)

well..he is...go search for his ID "teducation"

and if you bother to google his name (the name is on the water mark of some of his pic), you will find out that his full time job is same as sehsuan :think:

Wai said:
well..he is...go search for his ID "teducation"

and if you bother to google his name (the name is on the water mark of some of his pic), you will find out that his full time job is same as sehsuan :think:

he's working in Temasek Polytechnic - which he posted openly in his posting on the team's website.

and i do ensure i don't take crass photos, which majority of those he hosted up, are.

lazyfiddler said:
I am referring to the location where the photog did his album entitled "Singapore Girls : The Secret Jungle Shoot" on the 1st page of the website. Any one knows where is the place??

If I am not wrong, it seems to be like in Sentosa, in one of the old buildings (ard Parade Square Carpark) that was formerly used by the British

cheer leader album wasn't really tastefully done IMO.
I think he's just trying to draw more hits to his albums/site with words such as "HOT SINGAPORE GIRLS"

There's something wrong with his modelling workflow, he's definitely a cameraman more than a photographer.

Some thought about him:
- he posts up tonnes of images. Some can make it. Some (most) cannot.
- he doesn't bother to touch up the photos before posting. Sooo many pimples on the model's face with nice hilighting shadows to it.
- some of the photos bears water marks of another name (not "teducation" or "TED") maybe it's his real name :dunno: (and I tot his name was Ted)
- most of his model shoots aren't in focus :think:

and he hilighted in his album home page:
Mr.Ted is a Photographer,Webmaster, ... Certified Examiner, and photographer

that's about it. Nothing special about him..

It's easy to be touted as an expert photog amongst your friends, just get a DSLR...

I think he just went there to shoot the event ? Of course here and there the pics cant make it... but i think its just a hobby to shoot for the whole day...

Pls whats tis about the way he need to compose the pic?? there must be a lot of people around there, dont think he have the time to frame it too... he just try to shoot as much as he can since hes there...

One think for sure, its a event shoot and NOT a portriat shoot...haiz ..comes to think of it, i think a lot of us went for the fashion shoot at raffles city right? how many pics we took make it?? ask yrself, how many shoots we took and how many make it to be posted?

Chevron said:
If I am not wrong, it seems to be like in Sentosa, in one of the old buildings (ard Parade Square Carpark) that was formerly used by the British

Hi Chevron

Thanks for the pointers.... urmm... don't think the place are the old British Army barracks situated at the old Parade Square car-park as I have shot the buildings there before.

lazyfiddler said:
Hi Chevron

Thanks for the pointers.... urmm... don't think the place are the old British Army barracks situated at the old Parade Square car-park as I have shot the buildings there before.

Really? because somehow the shots seems like it. Maybe not exactly the buildngs around the parade square but somewhere near there... there is this big building somewhere ard that area that has tonnes of bats flying around in the rooms. If you go near enough to the building you will hear their noises... had recee that building before for a camp's night walk 1 year back...

Chevron said:
Really? because somehow the shots seems like it. Maybe not exactly the buildngs around the parade square but somewhere near there... there is this big building somewhere ard that area that has tonnes of bats flying around in the rooms. If you go near enough to the building you will hear their noises... had recee that building before for a camp's night walk 1 year back...

Yes... I did a photo-documentation of the four barrack buildings at the Sentosa old parade square sometime in March 2003 just before a contractor start major renovation works there. I believe they are renovating the buildings to become some sort of Tourism Academy for Temasek Polytechnic?? The architectural details in the photog's photos are rather similar to the old parade square buildings but there are differences still. For instance, the veranda in the photog's gallery shows vertical restraints while the old parade square buidings have diagonal crosses as retraints on its veranda.

Hmmm... can you provide me more details on this big building?? Where is it actually on the island? And what path to take to get there?

lazyfiddler said:
Hmmm... can you provide me more details on this big building?? Where is it actually on the island? And what path to take to get there?

Cant remember offhand since it is one year ago. Probably is along the Ironside Road (if you have a Sentosa map, you might know which road I am talking about)... should be somewhere around the Sentosa Holiday Chalet and the Corporate Bungalows...

Chevron said:
Cant remember offhand since it is one year ago. Probably is along the Ironside Road (if you have a Sentosa map, you might know which road I am talking about)... should be somewhere around the Sentosa Holiday Chalet and the Corporate Bungalows...

Thank you very much for the direction. I know where Ironside Road is. Will go explore and find the building after my exams in early May. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.