What is wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup the last time i tried to take some stars pictures indoor, i cant get a place to use tripod or monopod. so many pictures were gone.

actually i dont mind underexposing some of my pictures. jus tweak a bit in PP.

If you are using the max zoom, you should try to use the max shutter that your camera can synchronise. Also, if you are too far away for your flash to reach, you can always make your own flash extender to concentrate the light spread to match your lens angle of view. This will greatly increase your flash reach. My SB26 can zoom only up to 80mm. With the extender, I can get up to 400mm which more than doubles the flash distance.

itsybitsyspidy said:
how'd i do that?
Easiest way, don't PP just post the pic straight. We just need the Exif.
(Note, Exif not turning up may be because of the hosting site)

photobum said:
Too low of a shutter speed. Too big of an ambition.

Whenever I use my 80-200 f2.8 indoors or undershade, I will definitely bring along my monopod (even a tripod with one leg extended is good) and a flash. Otherwise, I know I will have to reject 80~90% of my effort.

My first events shoot though, i'll sure get a monopod for the next one. :)

MDZ2 said:
If you are using the max zoom, you should try to use the max shutter that your camera can synchronise. Also, if you are too far away for your flash to reach, you can always make your own flash extender to concentrate the light spread to match your lens angle of view. This will greatly increase your flash reach. My SB26 can zoom only up to 80mm. With the extender, I can get up to 400mm which more than doubles the flash distance.

My sb600 goes up to 85mm, so i should just blast it straight at the subject together with extender? max shutter my camera can synchronise meaning the 1/focal length thingy?

Guys thanks for all the advice, will try harder next time. maybe it's time to read up some more books... :embrass:

DeSwitch said:
Shoot in RAW and push up the brightness. The slow shutter speed is the cause of the blur. my 2cent

yup i always shoot in RAW to do adjustment...

itsybitsyspidy said:
My sb600 goes up to 85mm, so i should just blast it straight at the subject together with extender? max shutter my camera can synchronise meaning the 1/focal length thingy?

Get a Metz 45 or 60. You'll have all the portable flash power you want.

itsybitsyspidy said:

The extender is basically a magniying piece of plastic that will increase the zoom range of your flash. sync speed is the maximum speed that your camera is capable of synchronising with your flash. For Speedlight, it should be about 1/250 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.