What is the best way to get rid of mouth ulcers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsisaxon said:
I use Orased Jel for relieve. Think it's better than Bonjela, which I think is quite useless.

i find bonjela kinda useless too... but cant expect much from a cheap stuff

behyx said:
CNY just over,
ate a lot of goodies,
i have a heaty body which = to ulcer breakout!

it's really uncomfortable, is there any good and fast methods to get rid of them or to prevent them (other than drinking lotsa water)?

Today i counted 3, 1 on gum, 1 on tongue, 1 on upper lips, i got 2 mini ones at the tip of my tongue - just recovered..
I tried rubbing salt, applying medication, but it usually take a few days to go disappear.. :cry:

Then it's so irritating, it's hard to talk some times, especially bad if i'm meeting clients. :cry:

if you rub salt, has to be sure that the ulcer breaks and bleeds. then it will heel the next day. else can use Bonjela, which is also a pain killer.

My solution for this is Alfafa plant extract, name of the finished product is Super Chlorophyll.
Its green powder form, just spread around the infected area, 3 times a day, the ulcer should be gone the next day. :thumbsup:

hwchoy said:
if you rub salt, has to be sure that the ulcer breaks and bleeds. then it will heel the next day. else can use Bonjela, which is also a pain killer.

To bleed is to heal(for my case la). Tried putting salt a few times and the next day, settle already...feeling is raw but not pain anymore :angel:

Jack Chen said:
My solution for this is Alfafa plant extract, name of the finished product is Super Chlorophyll.
Its green powder form, just spread around the infected area, 3 times a day, the ulcer should be gone the next day. :thumbsup:

so where u get this healing stuff from :think:

slaam said:
erm think my remedy has to be the most unique..
Beer

I dunno if its the alcohol (never tried wine) or the high vitamin B in it. but after drinking beer my ulcers heals faster. (usually the next day)
but must really let the ulcer soak in the beer.

heh you try leh.. I would love to hear if it works on others. Cos it hurts less than the rest and works best for me.

Me too, can attest to it. Try Tsintao really cooling.

will tiger works too?

kenele said:
Me too, can attest to it. Try Tsintao really cooling.

:cool: AS quoted from poohbear:
"Salt water will actually 'cause' the membrane(cytoplasm) of the bacteria to shrink/swell (Depending which direction of flow of water concentration) and die, through a process called osmosis. "

You have an interesting theory....i like but anyway, the membrane is not cytoplasm.
Cytoplasm is whats in the cell...the cell membrane ( Cell surface membrane) is actually what is surrounding the cell. Anw, im also not so sure about ur saltwater leading to osmosis part..:D

so any docs wanna shed some light?

Have anyone try eno? Apply it as if it is salt. it work better than salt for me but be warn it super painful. good luck

seanlim said:
:cool: AS quoted from poohbear:
"Salt water will actually 'cause' the membrane(cytoplasm) of the bacteria to shrink/swell (Depending which direction of flow of water concentration) and die, through a process called osmosis. "

You have an interesting theory....i like but anyway, the membrane is not cytoplasm.
Cytoplasm is whats in the cell...the cell membrane ( Cell surface membrane) is actually what is surrounding the cell. Anw, im also not so sure about ur saltwater leading to osmosis part..:D

so any docs wanna shed some light?

Thks for the correction ;)

slaam said:
I dunno if its the alcohol (never tried wine) or the high vitamin B in it. but after drinking beer my ulcers heals faster. (usually the next day)
but must really let the ulcer soak in the beer.

heh you try leh.. I would love to hear if it works on others. Cos it hurts less than the rest and works best for me.

Works for me too!!! 1 or 2 pint of Hoegarden works great ;p

3 ulcers...u must be very pek chek now :)

What I can advise u are :
1) Drink more water
2) Rinse your month more regularly
3) Reduce ur body heatiness (more cool food&lessy heaty food)
4) Dun use tougue play with ur ulcers

The green medication and rub salt onto it dun work for me.... I think #4 is very impt...haha

Actually, mouth ulcer is not related to eating heaty food. The most likely cause is while eating food like chips and crackers, they cut you unaware and it leads to an ulcer. Or when u have a binge, you also unawarely cut urself and accuse the heat from the food.

Try biting your inner lips and don't eat any heaty food, see whether got ulcers or not :bsmilie:

wong1979 said:
Actually, mouth ulcer is not related to eating heaty food. The most likely cause is while eating food like chips and crackers, they cut you unaware and it leads to an ulcer. Or when u have a binge, you also unawarely cut urself and accuse the heat from the food.

Try biting your inner lips and don't eat any heaty food, see whether got ulcers or not :bsmilie:

As if the threadstarter dunno...lol

rainman said:
As if the threadstarter dunno...lol

I think a lot of pple dunno, esp the older generation...they always say its due to heaty food

rainman said:
3 ulcers...u must be very pek chek now :)

What I can advise u are :
1) Drink more water
2) Rinse your month more regularly
3) Reduce ur body heatiness (more cool food&lessy heaty food)
4) Dun use tougue play with ur ulcers

The green medication and rub salt onto it dun work for me.... I think #4 is very impt...haha

#4 damm hard to resist... :bsmilie:

whenever i have one, i always do that... :bsmilie:

~Arcanic~ said:
#4 damm hard to resist... :bsmilie:

whenever i have one, i always do that... :bsmilie:

Actually, doing it that helps. Can get rid of unwanted oil, food, germs stuck there..i think

Status
Not open for further replies.