What is it that keep your photography enthusiasm alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
passion for xmm keep my photography enthusiam alive :lovegrin:

Lets just say its just some shots that you know you want to shoot but will never ever have the chance to do so that keeps the flame burning.

Maybe its some naive hope that I will get this opportunity one day.

Many Thanks for all who have shared their view.

I guess in the past I have been always on the safe side...shooting what I am most familiar with. Last Saturday, I am out of my comfort zone and tried something new that I have never done before. Here is the link - Click here. The images ain't perfect but one day it will ;)

Like what night86mare mentioned, having a vision. Yes, I have defined my vision and I do hope that it can propel me to the next level.

Photography is indeed a journey that one can never stop learning. I guess that I may have thought that I have done almost all but in fact it is just a small fraction of what photography really is.

And like what some bros have shared, well one day with this skill we can even branch out to digital animation / painting / design...(Thanks for sharing.)

It's 闭关修炼 (close door training, hehe )time for me. Yup, Yapster... ;)

Oh yea~ ;)

:bsmilie:

Decided to go back to this topic for a while because of a comment made.

Many of us, if not I will dare say the majority of us are serious hobbyist, some fanatical some just starting out, some still exploring.

But it has come to mind that yes, we have the enthusiasm, should it be the only thing that keeps us taking photos, should we strive for more even as hobbyists?

Many have talked about style, genres, going back to basics. But yet, progression? Vision, what is the vision we see for ourselves as photographers?

I am not talking about the progression form hobbyist to amateur to professional. I am talking about progression in exploration of the genre we love to take and to push the limits. A lot of people, regardless of their profession seems to have become stuck in one place doing the same thing over and over again without any progress and they are happy doing so. That said, a lot have become staid and stagnant in many ways.

Take Zeckson for example, I see that he has not only the passion and the enthusiasm, but at the same time, he is pushing the limits of what he wants to do and what he can do. If as photographers, regardless of the level we are at, we are doing the same things over and over again to be safe for the fear of making mistakes then, very soon our enthusiasm and passion or whatever is left will be overtaken by the fear of making mistakes.

As Ejun has said before, "success is a moving target" to which, as photographers has our target become stagnant or has our target become one where we will move as we keep our passion and enthusiasm alive?

Another question:
What is your style that defines you?
[/QUOTE]

Originality is my style.. ^^ Shoot what you feel and not shoot what people define what a picture should look like... hehe i got bored so came up to read clubsnap..lecture so boring..zzz

i take fotos for 8yrs le.
5 yrs as my job.
3yrs as for fun lor
sometime look @ 'new blood' takers fotos & go, I CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT LOR. than i o take my tools n go wack le.

For the past few years I also feel unmotivated. Its either I've been there and done that, or I'm not really keen on those genre that I haven't tried before. Plus, my friends are not really into photography. Trying to view some of my old photos as well as read-up on photography forums but still no spark. Haiz...

For the past few years I also feel unmotivated. Its either I've been there and done that, or I'm not really keen on those genre that I haven't tried before. Plus, my friends are not really into photography. Trying to view some of my old photos as well as read-up on photography forums but still no spark. Haiz...

perhaps you can try going back to shooting with a compact.
sometimes, starting from square 1 is a new beginning.

Last edited:
Hey,

Thanks for bringing this thread alive again.

As of now, I have reached a new height in my photography journey. The only way is to continue to explore and ask yourself, why you have started photography. Which is your first love, in terms of genre?

Go to flickr to view the works of others to find inspiration.

You are not alone.

Hey,

Thanks for bringing this thread alive again.

As of now, I have reached a new height in my photography journey. The only way is to continue to explore and ask yourself, why you have started photography. Which is your first love, in terms of genre?

Go to flickr to view the works of others to find inspiration.

You are not alone.

Nice to hear that. :)

For me, there are still so many things awaiting me to explore.....really hope i got more time to shoot.

Which is your first love, in terms of genre?

i think more often than not, your first love ends up as your last and most favoured in the long run.

some people get hooked on xmm and never look back :bsmilie:

perhaps you can try going back to shooting with a compact.
sometimes, starting from square 1 is a new beginning.

Now I'm mostly using samsung jet, just because its conveniently always with me. :)

the feel of control :heart:

Last April, I have started this thread. It was a stage which I felt like my photography had plateaued. Today, looking back again, I was absolutely wrong. In actual fact, there are some many things to learn in photography. Too many.

Over the months, I have tried many different techniques and genre. I was given the opportunity to shoot for my friend's wedding. It was an eye opener. Through these experiences, I get to discover more of myself. Knowing my style, likes & dislikes. I would say it is another phase of self-discovery.

And I hope my friends & fellow CSers don't give up. Keep on keeping on and you will see the results. ;)

Below are some of my Favourite shots that I have done over the past few months. Time flies really quick...

4350719393_478aa82c26.jpg

4270971113_b83a509a9e.jpg

4331945833_ea1608b235.jpg

4322294618_228c31a9b4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.