What Compact Camera should i buy?

Never, cause i called them and ask. Whats the price i can bargain until? The current market price.

why is canon s90 more ex than s95?

Thanks everyone, have made my decision to buy a Sony DSC H55.

went to flickr to check the pics that it produce. Quite sharp and the color quite nice. Why?

both are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since this thread dug up again, I'm curious what you meant by the post below...
You're asking WHY the pics are sharp and have nice colour?

went to flickr to check the pics that it produce. Quite sharp and the color quite nice. Why?

Since this thread dug up again, I'm curious what you meant by the post below...
You're asking WHY the pics are sharp and have nice colour?

Haha, no. I was asking why you asked. Thought the camera is not recommended or what. But anyway, what do i look in a camera for the sharpness of the pics. Is it the sensor? Care to elaborate more? Very lazy to google.

Haha, no. I was asking why you asked. Thought the camera is not recommended or what. But anyway, what do i look in a camera for the sharpness of the pics. Is it the sensor? Care to elaborate more? Very lazy to google.

I think can write an essay for your question. There's a lot of factors which can contribute to the sharpness of a photo from the lens to the in-camera processing.

With regards to a camera's sensor, its more about the ISO sensitivity. A higher ISO setting allows you to shoot with a faster shutter speed. This is especially useful in low-light condition. However, as ISO sensitivity increased, noise level also increased. This is where the quality of the image sensor comes in. A good image sensor is able to achieve lower noise at the same ISO when compared to an image sensor of poorer quality.

you're not making sense... I didn't ask anything... read above your post (which is #28)... I didn't post anything before that...

sharpness is a result of many things. As snowc said, one could write a book on sharpness :)

Hmm have you ever thought that it might be that those pictures went under some major PP to get the effect that you are seeing? :think:

Have you ever thought of sharp photos is becos most users of DSC H55 have steady hands and colour quite nice becos they are good at post processing? In another words, sharp photo with nice colour is because of its users? :p

Yea, i know. i still haven get that camera yet. might be considering something cheaper since i am just going to use it for travelling and maybe some friends outings.

TS, just get a nice looking (and cheap) camera, switch to auto and shoot away.