What book are you reading now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was way back in 1998 I think. My girlfriend was studying there and we went to visit the place since we both loved the miniseries (and the book) so much. Velly lomantic heehee

We also took a walk to the lake where Darcy jumped in after a long ride. Good times ;)

envy..........:) oki oki..I save up...will go there for holidays too...

CCNP BCMSN Official Exam Certification Guide 4e from Cisco Press by David Hucaby CCIE No. 4594 :sweat:

Rereading Patriot Games by Tom Clancy :p

Preparing for the CCNP exam eh? Good luck to you :thumbsup:

if you enjoyed that, i recommened those by briane greene too. like fabric of cosmos and the elegant universe.

but a note of warning, regarding stephen hawking books, read with some caution. i dun really like his way of forcing theories right by fanciful manupilations.

the best phsyics book i read is the emperor's new mind. roger penrose really argues well about how the world can be explained in a classical way rather than baseless QM and overly mathematical superstring theory. read up on his twistor theory. i find it very very very nicely done.
great, thanks! i have a general interest in such matters and would be glad to read more about it =) but got to be careful around those books that gently lull you with an easy-going introductory though =P

great, thanks! i have a general interest in such matters and would be glad to read more about it =) but got to be careful around those books that gently lull you with an easy-going introductory though =P

haha. yeah. it is quite hard for those book writers to strike a balance. accurate but overly mathematical bores people. simple but too analogically shallow makes it more like pseudo-physics.

i remembered this book called relatively simply explained. woah, one of the worse books. even my younger sister understood it. it was too analogical without logic.

Finished "Like the flowing river" by Paulo Coelho. It is a compliation of short stories. Easy to read & made u think.... The next best book after "The Alchemist" by Paulo.

Juz borrowed a book "A Beginner's Guide to Digital Phoyography" from the library a few days ago. Got to read up, new hobby for this yr. :bsmilie:

I'm currently reading 'The Stolen Child' by Keith Donohue. It is definitely an intriguing read. There are 2 narrators in the story, Henry Day & Aniday, and their stories interwine in a fascinating way. The gist of the story is that 1 adult is trying to recall his 'stolen' childhood, whereas 1 child is stuck in an age of time, age 7. A faery tale novel for adults. :)

You can read more of the synopsis in Amazon.

currently reading a backlog of DISCOVER magazines :bsmilie:

just finished entanglement by Amir D Aezel.

starting Lectures on Physics Vol 1 by Richard Feynman and The Principia by Sir Issac Newton simuntanously. hopefully can finish by Christmas.

Toyota ways .... :)

Drama in Nature Photography by Jim Zuckerman.

Still trying to keep the dream alive...hope to go on a safari shoot one day.

Reading back the Old Tom Clancy stories....

"The Sum of All Fears"

Status
Not open for further replies.