Wedding qn : does the Emcee need to give red packet to couple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

As Emcee, you're doing a favour for the couple they should be the one giving you instead.

i have been emcee quite a few times, i will still give, cos they are all friends.

of course they will gimme back. more or less dun matter to me lar. :)

no matter what capacity i'm helping the couple (emcee, photographer, usher, receiption, driver, etc), i would still give the red packet... but the couples often give a small token of appreciation to their helpers - don't give also, i'm happy to help in their special day!!

as a custom, when you are invited for dinner, you will give ang pow to the hosts, as a token of appreciation being invited.

as a ritual, the wedding couple need to give ang pow to whoever help them in their wedding, as a token to return the "luck" to the helpers.

Hope this helps

Ok, thanks. In that case, what's a reasonable amount to give? $80?

give what you like??? :p

usually i'd give anything from $80 to $100, to help cover the cost of the dinner.

in return friends will still give an angbow for helping out. end up... balanced, haha!

imaginary_number said:
Ok, thanks. In that case, what's a reasonable amount to give? $80?
it depend on few factors, your "jiao ching" with your friend, place of dinner held, single or family being invited, etc.

if just normal friend or colleague, your ang pow is about 10% of the per table cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.