wedding photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm sorry I only skim to the last of your paragraph but I can't stop laughing. FYI, perspective is determined by the distance to subject. Focal length only affects magnification.

LOOOOOL ok, then I dare you, Stand 10m from a subject, shoot at 70mm. Now shoot at 200mm. Then still say that the focal length did not impact the perpective at all. I can't stop laughing at your nonsense!

FYI, it is a well-known fact that shooting at longer focal lengths will give you a tighter perspective, making the background appear larger in the frame, while shooting at wider angles appears to push the background away.

Geez, you're not getting anything right today, are you?

LOL that's funny, especially as I never said anything of the sort.

Please go back to school, you need to beef up on your reading comprehension skills.

Your argument suggest that we would get the same DOF regardless of sensor sizes by changing the distance to get the same angle of view. who needs to go back to school here?

LOOOOOL ok, then I dare you, Stand 10m from a subject, shoot at 70mm. Now shoot at 200mm. Then still say that the focal length did not impact the perpective at all. I can't stop laughing at your nonsense!

FYI, it is a well-known fact that shooting at longer focal lengths will give you a tighter perspective, making the background appear larger in the frame, while shooting at wider angles appears to push the background away.

Geez, you're not getting anything right today, are you?

I'm pretty much confident that statement is true. You are the one who looking at the sky from a well here. I'm pretty sure after cropping both will have the same perspective.

"The reality is that focal length has absolutely nothing, in itself, to do with perspective in images"

cited from http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=672913

Learnt something new oh yeah? =)

Last edited:
And the fact is that your comments only revolves around your personal judgements towards me without any grounds shows me how childish you are =)

Last edited:
Your argument suggest that we would get the same DOF regardless of sensor sizes by changing the distance to get the same angle of view. who needs to go back to school here?

Nope, that is not what I said at all. I repeatedly said that changing the distance to get the same angle of view will yield a DIFFERENT DOF.

Go back to school. Learn to read and comprehend.

And the fact is that your comments only revolves around your personal judgements towards me without any grounds shows me how childish you are =)

I have no personal judgement toward you. It is you who first began with the childishness.

Are you just typing this at yourself while looking in the mirror?

Meh, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. All you do is contradict yourself.

Whatever, you go keep reading your articles and misinterpreting the contents and keep on believing you are right. Me, I'm going to shoot pictures with the skills and knowledge I *know* are right.

Meh, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. All you do is contradict yourself.

Whatever, you go keep reading your articles and misinterpreting the contents and keep on believing you are right. Me, I'm going to shoot pictures with the skills and knowledge I *know* are right.

LOL. You're probably the most stubborn person I've come across. Nevermind. Everyone here can see for themselves. It's funny how defensive you become when your pride is hurt. I've proven you wrong. Ouch that hurts. But this is just a cyber society. Nobody knows you in real life. What to be shameful about? And the most important thing is after all this you learnt something right? And also stop acting you are the one should should teach everyone here like that =)

So I m a newbie to tech. Who is right? Can the pros stand up to tell me so a newbie cannot be confused?

LOL. You're probably the most stubborn person I've come across. Nevermind. Everyone here can see for themselves. It's funny how defensive you become when your pride is hurt. I've proven you wrong. Ouch that hurts. But this is just a cyber society. Nobody knows you in real life. What to be shameful about? And the most important thing is after all this you learnt something right? And also stop acting you are the one should should teach everyone here like that =)

No, I've repeatedly proven you wrong, yet all you do is reject the facts, and then claim I said things when I repeatedly said the opposite. My pride is not hurt, not am I ashamed of anything. I just don't have the patience to teach the unteachable.

I think Rashkae and Yahoo have to properly define what their 'DOF' means, for their arguments to be relatively more meaningful. One seems to be arguing about the DOF, technically while the other one seems to be arguing about the DOF you see in your photo.

No, I've repeatedly proven you wrong, yet all you do is reject the facts, and then claim I said things when I repeatedly said the opposite. My pride is not hurt, not am I ashamed of anything. I just don't have the patience to teach the unteachable.

Alright then mr Know-It-All

I think Rashkae and Yahoo have to properly define what their 'DOF' means, for their arguments to be relatively more meaningful. One seems to be arguing about the DOF, technically while the other one seems to be arguing about the DOF you see in your photo.

I think you got it totally wrong. I'm not trying to define DOF. It's a totally different topic. The issue here only :

1) Mr Rashkae said crop and full frame will give the same DOF given the same angle of view by varying distances between 2 formats. While I confirm that pretty much untrue. I'm saying that fullframe or larger sensor will give thinner DOF.

2) Mr Rashkae said "This means same distance, same focal length, same aperture = SAME DOF, but the FF and APS-C have a different perspective".

Whereas I said this is a misconception because "The reality is that focal length has absolutely nothing, in itself, to do with perspective in images but rather the distance from camera to subject"

cited from http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=672913.

Alright sweet and clear?

you know what... i feel that this is a waste of time to read all the arguments. but i can confirm one thing. Yahooo... you're mixing up what Rashkae is saying. no doubt he is stubborn, but he's constantly presenting the same view, while you're constantly contradicting what you're saying and misinterpreting what the website quote meant in certain areas.

you know what... i feel that this is a waste of time to read all the arguments. but i can confirm one thing. Yahooo... you're mixing up what Rashkae is saying. no doubt he is stubborn, but he's constantly presenting the same view, while you're constantly contradicting what you're saying and misinterpreting what the website quote meant in certain areas.

Enlighten me what I contradict? I already show the example from DOF calculator website to prove my point:

that if the same picture, same angle of view, fullframe give shallower depth of field. Isn't I made myself clear enough?

================D7000============================

Focal length (mm) : 50
Selected f-stop : 1.4

Subject distance 5 m

Depth of field
Near limit 4.73 m
Far limit 5.3 m
Total 0.56 m

In front of subject 0.27 m (47%)
Behind subject 0.3 m (53%)

Hyperfocal distance 88.4 m
Circle of confusion 0.02 mm

==============D700==============================

Focal length (mm) : 75mm
Selected f-stop : 1.4

Subject distance 5 m

Depth of field
Near limit 4.82 m
Far limit 5.19 m
Total 0.37 m

In front of subject 0.18 m (48%)
Behind subject 0.19 m (52%)

Hyperfocal distance 132.7 m
Circle of confusion 0.03 mm

Source: http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

Also, what you've got to say about him saying focal length changes perspective?

Ok, you may got it wrong in the first place. But wrong knowledge should not be disseminated and imposed on others. Newbies need to get the facts right. That's totally what i'm trying to do. too bad it hurts some egorgistic individuals

Last edited:
This thread derailment needs some derailment...

SPARTA-ANN.gif

I think you got it totally wrong. I'm not trying to define DOF. It's a totally different topic. The issue here only :
1) Mr Rashkae said crop and full frame will give the same DOF given the same angle of view by varying distances between 2 formats. While I confirm that pretty much untrue. I'm saying that fullframe or larger sensor will give thinner DOF.

2) Mr Rashkae said "This means same distance, same focal length, same aperture = SAME DOF, but the FF and APS-C have a different perspective".
Whereas I said this is a misconception because "The reality is that focal length has absolutely nothing, in itself, to do with perspective in images but rather the distance from camera to subject"

cited from http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=672913.
Alright sweet and clear?

I suggested that you two should go and properly define what DOF you guys are trying to argue about, before even arguing non-stop. I did not say that that was your argument.

Perspective-Comparison600.jpg

Source: http://www.expertphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Perspective-Comparison600.jpg

How not?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there's something wrong with the first quote that you gave (point 1). I don't know if there was any typo or not.

What's the deal here? You use the same lens on a full frame and a cropped sensor camera, the DOF remains the same but the DOF you see in your photo is not, if it's the same distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.