Wedding dinner using built-in flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
technically there's nothing wrong w built in flash.
but there's limit to what built in flash can perform.
if there's not much diff, i guess u will have problem selling
sb 800 in your MO. Kee...

jOhO said:
wish i could use "batteries running flat" as an excuse for poorly lit images.. :think:
Can wad. :bsmilie: It all depends on u wad.

At extreme emergency times like these, a tissue paper saves the day. Maybe not quite the same results as u'd expect from 2x SB800 or a Hammerhead, but a temporary stopgap measure whilst u wait for the long break where relatives haggle over arrangement order to load in a fresh AA pack, I guess it will do fine.

STEV said:
that's why always brought more batteries out, havent encounter this problem yet and hope will not happen to me too...
but if really bobiah like what jsbn encounter, i will use the pop up flash too:dunno:
Yah. And another lesson, the moment ur batts display signs of wear, ie instant flat after 8hrs of charging, time to throw them and get new ones.

STEV said:
technically there's nothing wrong w built in flash.
but there's limit to what built in flash can perform.
if there's not much diff, i guess u will have problem selling
sb 800 in your MO. Kee...
That's very dependant on how the photographer uses it and how well he understands it's limitation and uses it accordingly.

It won't outperform a SB-800 but it's not entirely useless as well.

synapseman said:
Well, if the photographers happen to be cheap, then that explains everything.

But really, not all couples really bother about actual day photography. The fact that so many of them have their budget between $0-$50 sums up a lot. They are not so interested in whether your pics turn out with great composition and exposure. Can see face, can already. They just want the table-to-table shots to see who got come that day to give ang-pao. There are many photographers who do exactly that, and they still have many satisfied customers.

Then again, any camera also can. But chao-chao also must have one external flash, lah. :p
Actually for couples who don't ask much out of their photos still ok.

The worst are those 'mouth say 1 thing, hand do another thing'. Besides, with digital photography so prevalent, ppl are thinking that nice exposures are easy to get even with a point-and-shoot in ballroom situation (thanks to our favourite manufacturers and some ads which gives some the impression of that) and photos are free.

Shooting film, the cost is still very much visible, purchase of film and development.
Shooting digital, when the cost factor of the film is replaced with a CF purchased at a single cost, u'll have ppl getting the wrong impression that photos are free.

Wow... I dare to use CP5700 take AD as actual, also dare not shoot without external flash:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.