We are the Children - Portraits of Children around the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Child Selling Lime in Cambodia

IMG_1517ed.sized.jpg

Brothers in Cambodian Market
IMG_1526ed.sized.jpg

(at Sahaspura, Colombo) a Sri Lankan kid who is all excited about visitors from foreign lands ...

boy.jpg

Innocent little angel...

DSC_6085.jpg

p13.jpg

boatman's kids taken on a dive trip in tioman

Hi Guys,

Since this is a thread about children around the World, i thot it was appropriate to bring this up ...

http://www.breadnwater.com/ROL/

Check out this book effort by a Mr. Yang Siew ... dedicated to the children of Nepal ... There is also an article about this book in today's TODAY newspaper. There is also information about how to get a copy of the book and how contribute to the UNICEF fund on the website.

Hope that we can all support his effort and someday ClubSnap can also come together to put up a meaningful project like that ....

RGDs

Long Thai Bean said:
Hi Guys,

Since this is a thread about children around the World, i thot it was appropriate to bring this up ...

http://www.breadnwater.com/ROL/

Check out this book effort by a Mr. Yang Siew ... dedicated to the children of Nepal ... There is also an article about this book in today's TODAY newspaper. There is also information about how to get a copy of the book and how contribute to the UNICEF fund on the website.

Hope that we can all support his effort and someday ClubSnap can also come together to put up a meaningful project like that ....

RGDs

Upz for Yang Siew indeed and his wife (his very capable partner). It's a very amazing piece of work. But more imptly showcases how a very talented photographer has put in his skills for good works. Hope this will inspire photographers in this forum and more of similar events like the charity shoot for the Tsunami. I met him personally while his book was still pre-production. Very glad that everything finally came into fruition. Perhaps Clubsnap can start a photographic project for suffering African kids..fight against poverty, malnutrition and HIV.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1238487&postcount=56

As above ... just borrowing and reviving (spelling??) something from Poohbear.
I am sure we have enough of a collection of children photos to make a very interesting and attractive book ....

Anyone interested to spearhead this project and starting the ball rolling. I will be more than willing to volunteer and contribute ....

RGDs

Long Thai Bean said:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1238487&postcount=56

As above ... just borrowing and reviving (spelling??) something from Poohbear.
I am sure we have enough of a collection of children photos to make a very interesting and attractive book ....

Anyone interested to spearhead this project and starting the ball rolling. I will be more than willing to volunteer and contribute ....

RGDs

it's an interesting idea. but since the pictures are posted on ClubSnap i think the admin will be the most ideal people to initiate. i don't mind having the pictures published, i think we have a great collection, but when it comes to publishing and selling there are alot of things to look into ... maybe i can discuss with my friend in the industry ...

eikin said:
it's an interesting idea. but since the pictures are posted on ClubSnap i think the admin will be the most ideal people to initiate. i don't mind having the pictures published, i think we have a great collection, but when it comes to publishing and selling there are alot of things to look into ... maybe i can discuss with my friend in the industry ...

just to add, costs is a major problem. who and how to fork out the initial sum. photo selection is another problem. then layout and design another one. then comes printing and then the marketing and sale. we need someone with substantial publishing experience and a core group with enough time to handle the administration and communication part with so many members' photos involved. that's why i see the CS admin as the best group of people to handle the project if there's one.

anyway let's keep the photos coming in.

Taken at a traffic junction. A few seconds later, she was begging from vehicle to vehicle. Broke my heart.

Delhi_Street_Girl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.