Waterproof Olympus Mju 770SW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stray Sheep,

It cost my wife and I around S$5K for 5D3N to Laguna Maldives. Our price is more expensive as we booked the air tickets and accomodation seperately. It was a last minute decision so most of the rooms were taken.

I opt for the Water Suites...expensive but well worth the money. We have our own outdoor jacuzzi and breakfast delivered to us. By the way the S$5K exclude meals and excursion.

I saw in the papers that if you choose to go to Baros resort it is from S$950+++. If you are planning to go, better hurry cause after May it will be the low peak season (raining).

Thx sunfish.. My fren went to similian island for diving, she told me tat its more like a paradise... Emmm... maybe hv to go there for a look myself.. Thx so much for ya info !!

Btw, how much would it cost to go maldives?

yup its costs typically like what Dsia has quoted. Most tour agents will quote rather low prices during mid year because its the monsoon season. While the price seems attractive, it really rains frequently in Maldives during monsoon, so you have to think twice of going Maldives during monsoon season.

There are organized snorkelling trips from Phuket to similan island, but you will have to take a 6 - 7 hours boat ride.

Easier to access places will be like Bali and Lombok. Bali may be too commercialized, Lombok you can consider staying on Gili Trawangan island:)

Hey guys.. thx so much... I would love to go Maldives, but its too exp for me.... Maybe for my honeymoon next time.. hahaha... I'm going tioman again soon, if possible i'll post some pics after i come back (provided they are of resonable standard) :embrass:

I just got myself a pro-blue mask (with degree) & snorkel from one of the shop at Concourse at $123, dunno the mkt rate, but found it quite cheap. Got it as dun like the feeling of sharing the bite piece wif others.. ;p

I just got myself a pro-blue mask (with degree) & snorkel from one of the shop at Concourse at $123, dunno the mkt rate, but found it quite cheap. Got it as dun like the feeling of sharing the bite piece wif others.. ;p

Don't worry about sterility of the equipment... sea water has a strange way of disinfecting things. ;)

Hi Stray Sheep,

Like you I prefer not to share. I got my mask and snorkle from a shop at Adelphi (opposite Funan Center). The friendly guy at the shop charge me S$100 for 2 sets. You might want to try this shop next time.

Enjoy your Tioman trip and do share your photos.

Any sample photo for this Mju 770SW? So far nobody post any picture yet.

I only took 4 photos underwater. I took this while snorkling.

As this is my first underwater shot the photo didn't turn up too well.
P3250079.jpg

P3250079.jpg

considering it underwater, guess it's not a bad picture liao.

does the camera have a white balance selection for underwater shots to correct for the blueness?

Not bad for a compact underwater camera, the WB issue can be simply fixed with auto levels in PS, slight USM and boost of saturation gets you pretty good results as below :) for illustration only, will remove if Dsia wants me to, cheers!

P3250079%20copy.jpg

P3250079.jpg

Hi Stray Sheep,

Like you I prefer not to share. I got my mask and snorkle from a shop at Adelphi (opposite Funan Center). The friendly guy at the shop charge me S$100 for 2 sets. You might want to try this shop next time.

Enjoy your Tioman trip and do share your photos.

Thx DSia... Wow... 2 pairs of snorkels and mask for only $100?? Is it the one w/o power (or degree?)

My gf aunt got hers at the shop for $36 for a set, its those normal one, w/o degree... Mine came wif a free problue box (but i tink the price is inclu) ;p

Its my first time taking u/w photo... Hope to get at least one or two decent ones... Hee...
Almost forgotten tobuy breads for my dear fishie frens there.... :bsmilie:

Don't worry about sterility of the equipment... sea water has a strange way of disinfecting things. ;)

Oh is it? Thx drakon09 for enlighting me... But for me its more of a mental issue... hahaha.. Still cant get over the idea of sharing... Pardon me for being so stero-type...:sweat:

P3250079.jpg

DSia,is the focusing u/w slower compared to above water? I somehow found that the focusing of the camera a bit slow, is it only my particular set or happens to all compact camera? Used to own a S3, the focusing speed is slightly beta...

Anyway.. I'm getting exicted.. I'm going tioman on thurs !! Yeah ... 2 more days !!!

Hi,
Anyone knows where to get 770SW at best price? What is the current best price?

my friend asked at Alan Photo Sim Lim and got a quote of $580 for the 770SW, not too sure if this is a good price or does it include GST, cheers!

I got a quote from Alan Photo too.. The price of $580 does not inclu GST...

I've got mine at Caltex hse... One of the shop at 2nd level, dunno if its the cheapest u can ask ard..

My package includes 2 x 1Gb XD card, an extra batt and the camera.. I understand that the free 1 X 1Gb XD card and extra batt is given by Olympus and its only till 30 Apr...

So if u wan, get it b4 its gone... hee hee.. Dun worry.. I dun work for Olympus.. :bsmilie:

Thx DSia... Wow... 2 pairs of snorkels and mask for only $100?? Is it the one w/o power (or degree?)

My gf aunt got hers at the shop for $36 for a set, its those normal one, w/o degree... Mine came wif a free problue box (but i tink the price is inclu) ;p

Its my first time taking u/w photo... Hope to get at least one or two decent ones... Hee...
Almost forgotten tobuy breads for my dear fishie frens there.... :bsmilie:

The one I bought doesn't comes with degree. Your gf aunt got a good bargain.

As for the focusing...sorry...was too busy chasing fishes to notice.
Anyway it's my first underwater camera so I have nothing to compare with. ;)

The u770SW should have the white light balancing. This was taken using one of the pre-define under water mode. Basically I got one night to read the instruction manual before my trip so lots of things about this camera to explore. Anyway if the shots didn't turn out well there's alway PS. I think ricleo did a good job using ps.

I think S$580 for the camera is a good price. I only got a 512MB and 1GB xD card plus the free battery. Try using the faster speed Type H xD Card for underwatrer shots.

580 seem like good price. I check Mustafa.. Selling for 645 with 1GB card. Nothing else..

I"m back from Tioman... Hv hell lots of fun.. This is one of my best shot... This is my first time doing underwater photography.. Really nt easy man.. haha.. Hope u guys love this..
Appreciate if anyone can comment on the pic and help me improve... Thx. only resizing was done with a little adjustment to the contrast.. Nt much pp done on this..

Exif data on the below pic.......
<< f / 6.3 , 1/400 (shutter speed) , ISO 80 , Flash = fired >>

This link to the rest of my pic... Thx for viewing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99536124@N00

477735755_0e6dded83f_o.jpg

Hi Stray Sheep,

It cost my wife and I around S$5K for 5D3N to Laguna Maldives. Our price is more expensive as we booked the air tickets and accomodation seperately. It was a last minute decision so most of the rooms were taken.

I opt for the Water Suites...expensive but well worth the money. We have our own outdoor jacuzzi and breakfast delivered to us. By the way the S$5K exclude meals and excursion.

I saw in the papers that if you choose to go to Baros resort it is from S$950+++. If you are planning to go, better hurry cause after May it will be the low peak season (raining).
Hi Dsia

How's the weather in Maldives? i'm going on 18/5 to maldives also.. 3N at Club Med and 4N at Banyan tree.. hopefully it will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.