Want to watch world cup 06? Its PPV now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'd said it there and will say it here.

Assuming if u bet on 'sure-win' matches, u can get ur $10.50 back within 10 matches. Or if u bet more, u can win more back.... with profits. :D

If u wanna be a goody two-shoes and not bet on anything, well u can have the choice of either watching it or not (no one DIES from not watching World Cup. I had not watched World Cup for the past 5 seasons counting the day I was born). :dunno:

If anyone of u wanna complain abt running an 'ethical business', ask urself what would u do IF you are the CEO of Starhub? Provide a service at no cost, or to earn money thats a 'sure earn'? Remember, Starhub's a Business Organisation (publicly listed as well I believe) where profits matter, not a charity welfare organisation where money flows out more than it flows in.

Want to watch? Subscribe.
Dun wanna watch? Dun subscribe.
Feel its a rip-off? Terminate ur Starhub Cable service loh. :dunno:

I dun see any issues here anyway.

They can charge whatever they want. reason is I dont subscribe to Starhub or anythings else and the bad news is my TV just broke down how to watch?

I used to watch on Indonesian chanel, free and crisp clear for me. I can also catch malaysian chanels TV1, TV2 and TV3. so far had not been able to tune to TV8 and NT7. I used an small antenae with booster costing around $100 bucks bought at those DIY shops.

Bro ,most coffee shop got SCV now.can go there and watch :)

jsbn said:
(no one DIES from not watching World Cup. I had not watched World Cup for the past 5 seasons counting the day I was born). :dunno:

Want to watch? Subscribe.
Dun wanna watch? Dun subscribe.
Feel its a rip-off? Terminate ur Starhub Cable service loh. :dunno:

I dun see any issues here anyway.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
exactly right. don't like...don't buy!

Anyway, if there is somebody to blame, blame the overpaid guys in shorts kicking the leather ball. On average, some top players get paid a million dollars or more for each time they kick the ball in a competitive game.

Well makes sense they charge more for WC06... they need to pay extra for license to telecast WC. As compared to seasons whereby no WC or Euro, they need not pay as much.
dkw said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
exactly right. don't like...don't buy!

Anyway, if there is somebody to blame, blame the overpaid guys in shorts kicking the leather ball. On average, some top players get paid a million dollars or more for each time they kick the ball in a competitive game.
Aside from the charges for WC06...
Most players still get paid without even kicking a ball... injuried or subsitute also get paid.
Yes i blame the players... ask so much $$ from clubs... clubs demand more $$ for TV rights... then those with TV rights (e.g. ESPN) will have to sell the broadcasting rights at higher price (to starhub)... this costs in turn gets passed to us :sweat:

Eh? why my thread back from the dead? :bsmilie:

Its quite obvious some that replied in this thread dun pay $15 every month for the sports group. $10.50? No its actually on top of your $15. Get the facts right. So its $15 for sports group, i got no problems with it. Most fans are fine with it. But they took out the Italian league this year and now charges the extra $10.50. So if $15 covers the Italian league for last season, when happend to the money when the Italian league was taken off?

Besides, fans have been paying the $15 for the month of june and july, where no football was played during non WC and Euro years.

Its easy to say its cheap and doesn't matter. Try paying $15 for 12months and dun get the Italian league and WC. People dun feel its value for money. Starhub need to make money, people have no problems with that but to give its customers a double whammy in the space of one season, theres sure to have backlash. I got no problems with it but NOT impressed by their actions.

Its also easy to say if you want to watch, pay. Felt rip off, dun pay. Talk is cheap. So if dun pay, the sports group still cost $15 and you get no WC. Not free. Refund my $15 as well? Dream on. Some people also thought they know it all but they do not understand the needs of football fans. WC is the biggest stage and every football fan wants to be part of it. Actually its not a 'want' for most, its a 'need'. Its like a fare hike for buses. Felt rip off, just keep walking?

While our govt promote sport and ask us to excerise more, our only sport boardcaster keep on asking us for more $. :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.