Wannabes

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh sometimes those "teens" might actually be adults who are working ya know:bsmilie::bsmilie:
next time you should ask them how old they are first.
Definitely teens! The ones i saw looks youthful, secondary school types.

....now that u mention it...DSLR looks cheap..hmm maybe i should swtich to RF and get a leica M9 to look more exclusive???and so that i can hao lian more right?

Most XMMs do not know what is Leica M9. They only know Ken Watanabe and Canon 7D, or some big ass Nikon. Maybe the very experienced XMM will hear of Terry Richardson and his Yashica T4 lah. But otherwise, I think if you use Leica, the XMM will think you small. XMM like GWC to have big big tua gee camera wan.

Since this thread is about wannabes, can also discuss about wannabe CMI XMMs also who go for photoshoot? Those that think they very pro model but dunno what to do?

Actually hor, for every GWC, I thnk there is alot more CMI XMM. They still expect to be paid lor.

Since this thread is about wannabes, can also discuss about wannabe CMI XMMs also who go for photoshoot? Those that think they very pro model but dunno what to do?

Actually hor, for every GWC, I thnk there is alot more CMI XMM. They still expect to be paid lor.
:bsmilie::bsmilie:

For complaints about wannabe models by GWCs, see HERE

Frankly speaking, can't be bothered with tat as well, sometimes i walked past them and they will go whispering to one another " look, wow, this guy pro leh, camera so big, D700 u know"
And i was like, wth, i no pro, jus another serious amatuer, is there a need to over react?

Got to admit its an ongoing trend for teens nwadays to hang an dslr over their neck and carrying nth else, hopefully they deliver gd shots to do the cam some justice OR to justify the $$ (either theirs or their parents) worthwhile spent :)

Last edited:
I think slinging one dlsr each on each shoulder, another one hanging from the neck in addition to the one in the hands is Si Beh cool leh.

Of course this is the ultimate cool image: :bsmilie:

59869617_9bb02bac63.jpg

Wah!!!! My IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO COOL!!!! Typical XMM reaction?

Most XMMs do not know what is Leica M9. They only know Ken Watanabe and Canon 7D, or some big ass Nikon. Maybe the very experienced XMM will hear of Terry Richardson and his Yashica T4 lah. But otherwise, I think if you use Leica, the XMM will think you small. XMM like GWC to have big big tua gee camera wan.

Don't u think is pathetic if ppl do so just to impress? I buy what i like to use and feel happy. I am not bother with what ppl think abt what i use.
On the contrary i hope these kids splurge more...buy all the pro bodies and L lens.so when they sick of it,there will be more B&S with more quality products.who cares abt their parents or doing justice to the money...if they don't,why should we? We shld encourage them to spend more.buy all the L lens..when they feel weak,heavy,they will start selling...

i hope there population of wannabes double or triple every year.

more b&s good deals in te following year for poor chap like me who r interested in photography.

Missed the Birds, shoot the Bees lor.. ;p

I just wish my DSLR can attract the birds enough that they stay still for the shoot. Hate it when they fly off the moment I got my focus right. :dunno:

Maybe it's too much money that's why no need to get a bag.. If camera kena wacked just buy another one lor..

But just a thought, I see most of them with DSLRs slinged around everywhere they go to?

Got money buy camera, no money buy a decent bag? :think: I guess, camera protection did not really factor in for them? :think:

You never know, these teens may become the next top international photographers!

Frankly speaking, can't be bothered with tat as well, sometimes i walked past them and they will go whispering to one another " look, wow, this guy pro leh, camera so big, D700 u know"
And i was like, wth, i no pro, jus another serious amatuer, is there a need to over react?

Got to admit its an ongoing trend for teens nwadays to hang an dslr over their neck and carrying nth else, hopefully they deliver gd shots to do the cam some justice OR to justify the $$ (either theirs or their parents) worthwhile spent :)

But I think you quite pro leh... hahah

yeah I don't deliver good shots to justify the money spent on my camera.. =(

Hey guys, i'm unfamiliar with the singaporean abbreviations such "gwc", "P&P" & "xmm". Can a kind soul define what they mean?

I got quite a remark as well but not very flattering one...

had my RF slinged around while walking in orchard road after taking some shots.

XMM said "wa lao, you see that guy, the camera so old school, he think very fashionable to carry around mei??"

In my mind I was like "smlj la....." :bsmilie:

Hey guys, i'm unfamiliar with the singaporean abbreviations such "gwc", "P&P" & "xmm". Can a kind soul define what they mean?

GWC = Guy with camera (thats me)
P&P = Portraits and poses (the forum I avoid posting in cause I'll get pwned.)
xmm = Xiao mei mei.. (Little girls) (Thats the stuff that makes guys with cameras (ME) nose bleed.)

I got quite a remark as well but not very flattering one...

had my RF slinged around while walking in orchard road after taking some shots.

XMM said "wa lao, you see that guy, the camera so old school, he think very fashionable to carry around mei??"

In my mind I was like "smlj la....." :bsmilie:

wah..i sure walk up to them ask them FO.gd stuffs don't know how to appreciate don't act smart.bloody rf can pay for your damn uglybag and clothes by xxx times. Don't know then don't act smart.old fashion...u think u very fashionable...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.