Walk a mile in my shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant stand it any longer. I cropped it to focus on the shoe and bench. Sorry you have lost alot of details so i couldn't increase the contrast.

Hello,

What I would have done is to think about other angles. Perhaps taking the shoe by the side of the fence facing the end of the the jetty, shooting the entire length of the fence. That way, you can use the shoe to as a focal point and lead the eyes along the fence to a vanishing point at the end of the jetty. If you can have the fence making a diagnonal line in the picture all the better.

4042308581_2c65519d10_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

I am a beginner seeking comments on how to make a photo more impactful and compelling. I also want to improve in B&W photography. Let me know how I can be better.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I want to bring viewers to the question of "who, what, when and how". A pair of shoes neatly arranged on a bench facing the waters suggests a number of possibilities.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
this was a random shot taken at Bedok Jetty. I don't think the lighting was fantastic then.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I felt that i may have composed the pict ok. But i feel the pict is flat and not as dramatic as i wanted it to be. Maybe some comments on what can shift the pict in that direction will help me here.

Picture is too "noisy". What is the intended subject? The shoe? The bench?

firstly, as xtol19 points out, it is just a pair of shoes on a bench.

bnw or not, doesn't make a big furry deal, because there is not much interest to be held in the photograph.

you might compose it to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but it is a giant leap from new shoes on bench --> walk a mile in my shoes

the conveyance of idea is not there - you have to stop giving a picture more credit than it deserves, thought/emotion invoking wise.

firstly, as xtol19 points out, it is just a pair of shoes on a bench.

bnw or not, doesn't make a big furry deal, because there is not much interest to be held in the photograph.

you might compose it to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but it is a giant leap from new shoes on bench --> walk a mile in my shoes

the conveyance of idea is not there - you have to stop giving a picture more credit than it deserves, thought/emotion invoking wise.

In short, title doesn't match photo. Haiz... Anyway the most easiest way to convey this message is to place a rugged pair of shoes on a soiled road and shot with using leading line method...

In short, title doesn't match photo. Haiz... Anyway the most easiest way to convey this message is to place a rugged pair of shoes on a soiled road and shot with using leading line method...

i don't really care about title and photo actually.. :)

the main thing is that, there is nothing to look at. if the title doesn't match the photo, and the photo is good, it is simple, i will suggest a new title. but here.....

darken the edges and put a bit of noise. increase the contrast a bit and create a good vignette that will focus the attention to the shoes. ;)

Well, just a note for your consideration.
I feel that to balance it up and give it more breathing space, I'll prefer like this screen grab..
Picture_14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.