Voigtländer 21mm / F1,8 Ultron

Wow.. Finger really itchy for this. How does this compare to Zeiss 21? After 2 weeks, any change in opinion Nazgul?

Wow.. Finger really itchy for this. How does this compare to Zeiss 21? After 2 weeks, any change in opinion Nazgul?

I haven't been shooting with it as much as I would have liked! No thanks to the horrid weather over the last few weekends. The sun isn't there where I would like it.

But I suspect it is tad better than the Zeiss in some ways. I have no scientific means of ascertaining that though, especially in relation to how it handles colors and such. The only issue is size which might be a sufficient bug bear for some.

Good News! I confirmed it, it fits perfectly into Fuji's (original) M Mount To X Mount Adapter! I tried it out, seems like the Lens Design was made to cater for such possible combination.
Means I can use it both on my XE-1 and OM-D! Now if I only have enough spare $ for this lol :D

So I took the lens out to the US for a spin, and here's one thing I noticed: You get some degree of purple fringing even stopped down. Easy enough to remove with lightroom and granted it was a pretty bright sky there.

The full review of the Voigtländer 21mm f/1.8 Ultron is now up!

This is a big review and we've covered just about every angle on this one. Long and short is it's a very nice lens and an exceptional bargain.

P.S. If you're not a member on the site you won't be able to see it yet (members get a preview). It will automatically "go public" shortly.

Hey Guys,

Anyone can share their experiences with Voigtlander 21/1.8, 12/5.6 and 15/4.5 on Fuji X-Pro1??

Thanks in Advance :)

D 15mm CV works great on my X-E1. Dunno abt the other 2 but the 21/1.8 is huge...

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

Welcome. Do u really need the f/1.8 on the CV 21mm? If not can consider Avenon 21/2.8

I am leaning towards 15/4.5 ASPH. Saw quite a number of good reviews on X-Pro1. Some reviews say its better than XF 14mm. I like its compactness and price + M adaptor still cheaper than XF 14 though. Tempting.

Btw, are u using the latest M mount version CV 15/4.5??

I am leaning towards 15/4.5 ASPH. Saw quite a number of good reviews on X-Pro1. Some reviews say its better than XF 14mm. I like its compactness and price + M adaptor still cheaper than XF 14 though. Tempting.

Btw, are u using the latest M mount version CV 15/4.5??

Yes, I am using the latest M mount version, bought it in BKK for less than SGD$630 Brand New. Seems CV stuff are cheaper there. I havent try the XF14 so I cant compare and say if the CV 15 is better. But this is one compact sharp lens for landscape...

Last edited:
Btw, are you using the original Fuji M Mount Adaptor for X-E1 and CV 15/4.5?

It's really cheaper. I'm using d Hawk Factory helicoid M to X adapter as I need to cut down my MFD on my Summilux 35 from 1m down to .28m. Very solid adapter. Serves me well.

Oh... so if one use the Fuji M Mount Adaptor might not have the same performance? Are there differences?

How much your adaptor and where to find it?

Oh... so if one use the Fuji M Mount Adaptor might not have the same performance? Are there differences?

How much your adaptor and where to find it?

This is very reliable. I got it in eBay.

Ard 235 sgd. go do a search there.