Using External flash Mounted on your camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWithoutCrutches

May 27, 2009
Hey guys i realise that i shot a picture that made my subject face half litted i realise its to do with my shutter speed but I haven't figure a way to fix it yet (help please?).

I also want to find out is there a way to fix it without compromising the Shuter speed?

Hey guys i realise that i shot a picture that made my subject face half litted i realise its to do with my shutter speed but I haven't figure a way to fix it yet (help please?).

I also want to find out is there a way to fix it without compromising the Shuter speed?

Picture pls, I dun quite understand what you're trying to bring across here.

I'm not a pro, but to put it vaguely, your shutter speed exceed the sync speed of your flash.

If your external flash has a HSS function, enable it and that should solve the problem.

EDIT: What shutter speed are you using at that instance anyway?

There are some possibilities.
1. The lens (or its hood) covering the area of flash.
This one I'm sure u know the soution
2. Shutter speed exceed the sync ability of your shutter.
Usually flash sync speed is around 1/200 or 1/250, so do not set your shutter exceed it.
other:
Try set the 2nd curtain flash cync setup
Last thing to try.. have u set your flash to wide-angle coverage?
faulty on the shutter.., shutter oil leaking, etc.
(more possibilites..)

If you could show the photo, it will be easier to indicate and give u solution
I hope some of those "possibilities" can answer =)

What camera and what flashare you using??

Normally, if you use a ETTL flash for canon or iTTL flash for nikon, you shouldn't be facing this kind of issue.

I have a Starblitz 3602DTZ which has a selectable slider switch to choose C/P for Canon/Pentax. I am not sure if this external flash can be used on EOS 450D/1000D since Canon requires flashes to have < 6v to trigger. Anyone would offer advice? Do not want to spoil my camera by using it.

with focal plane shutters, quite hard to overcome max sync speed without the FP/High-Speed sync mode..

Status
Not open for further replies.