Using a film that was rewound

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works! After much saliva... thanks guys... although i did kind of dent my film leader a bit i think
Congratulation ;) .

Wah, you need to clean the remaining saliva on the film before processing. If not, the processing machine mixture will contaminated by your saliva :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

Congratulation ;) .

Wah, you need to clean the remaining saliva on the film before processing. If not, the processing machine mixture will contaminated by your saliva :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.
what for? that part needed to be cut away before for loading into the machine.

So, why I still get that shape end part? :dunno: . So I can use it to fishhook rolled film?

Regards,
Arto.
the lab need to cut the end part away and to tape the film on a leader to load into the machine, and they have to tape it firmly to prevent it drop off halfway thru the machine.
even it self process B&W negative, most people also cut it away, so it is easier to load inside the reel.
How you able get the end part, I do not know, anyway, what do you use to clean the little saliva off the film? using water?

So, why I still get that shape end part? :dunno: . So I can use it to fishhook rolled film?

Regards,
Arto.
So that you can load into your camera.

Izit possible to slowly manually rewind (if camera got manual rewind crank) until feel slightly less tension, meaning film has left take up spool but not completely gone into the canister yet, then immediately stop rewind and open up ?
Maybe put camera to ear to help hear.

Actually if you want to intentionally rewind the film to do double exposure, and your camera is one of those motor driven types, you just have to open your camera back in a darkbag or alternatively use a thick buttoned up jacket with the collar and bottom folded back and then manually wind the film after removing it.
for added precaution, do it in a darkroom. Need some practice to remove the film from the camera by touch though.

guys! any tips or not! been trying for like the past 20 mins. :(

EDIT: okay! finally got it out. whew. after inserting i actually yanked it out. cos pulling it slowly like some previous posts suggested (hope i didn't read wrongly) will make the film leader getting stuck at the felt. hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.