US campus craziness here in SG ITE?

Maybe you can share with us what you will do if you are the security guard.

Question asked by a FB friend. I don't have an answer for him so I asked.

This kind of question only stirs up emotion. There is no answer to it. Ask for the sake of asking.

Like I mentioned before... if you are 'shocked' or 'surprised' by this recent attack... then SG is still very safe... its when you are no longer shocked or surprised... then we have a problem.... :bsmilie:

At first i was shocked, then i remember sinkie slashing the throat of old women, sinkie pang sai at mrt, sinkie with fake phd become professor, sinkies overturn police cars, sinkies go on strike etc etc...then i realize this is the new normal. :bsmilie:

The world never started out as a safe place to begin with. There are always irrational people out there who do crazy things, no matter where. Even in Tokyo, rated by WSJ as safest city on earth, crime rate is not zero.

You seem to have many friends who have questions and opinions. But how about sharing with us what YOUR opinions or suggested solutions will be? :D

You seem to have many friends who have questions and opinions. But how about sharing with us what YOUR opinions or suggested solutions will be? :D

When I do have an opinion or a proposal, I have no problem sharing it. But when I don't have the answers, I also don't have a problem saying so and asking for others' ideas.

When I do have an opinion or a proposal, I have no problem sharing it. But when I don't have the answers, I also don't have a problem saying so and asking for others' ideas.
It is NOT about having an answer. (Only fools expect simple answers about complex problems.) It is about making up your mind for yourself, coming up with own ideas about the root causes, the factors involved, possible solutions and discussing this in an open and rational way.
The style of your question (it wasn't obvious that you only relay it) is typical for tabloids and shallow papers. The usual answers are not far from hero movies, but far from rational and reasonable thinking.

The trouble is we can't afford his expert opinions or suggested solutions.

Now you understand why ministers are so highly paid. :)

Maybe you can share with us what you will do if you are the security guard.

He'll do a Bruce Lee stance. :)

150hk-bruce-lee-and-me.jpg

The trouble is we can't afford his expert opinions or suggested solutions. Now you understand why ministers are so highly paid. :)

Aaaaaaaaaah. That explains much! :D

Our campuses can indeed become violent, amongst other evil things perhaps even more evil than violence, but it is not true 100% or even probably 25%! When you have 300 million people and the system we do you are going to have scales of such nefarious things. That being said you all don't have anything on us..:embrass:

Absolutely agree. Now your campuses are made even more unsafe by Sinkies.
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...-charged-poisoning-water-classmates-the-us-20

Hide your kids, hide your wives, hide your dogs and cats, hide your police cars, hide your chemicals, because sinkies are everywhere! :bsmilie:

Like I said you "sinkies" (sounds derogatory...is it?) have nothing on us when it comes to aberrant behavior. Witness the med school student or whatever who opened fire in a Colorado theater a few years ago. I can go on and on with such examples but it just a bunch of sadness so no.

At least she sought help before doing this. A very foolish mistake now she will have to suffer the consequences of her actions which will affect her for the rest of her life. God works in mysterious ways they say.

Makes me wonder what it is like for a Singaporean student in my country nowadays. I imagine the contrast of the order of Singapore vs the sort of controlled chaos for lack of a better description of the USA would have to be bewildering to at least a few . :dunno:

The case is interesting from a criminal detective sort of look at it. Women rarely kill. When they do many are poisoners. I would think Singapore women would be even less inclined, as opposed to women all over the rest of the world, to commit such an act. But then there is human nature you know. What are your thoughts on that?

Last edited:
Stress.... too much stress and unable to talk to her follow students...

Stress.... too much stress and unable to talk to her follow students...

Thousands of miles away from home and no support structure like she is used to in place. That she reached out before this happened was significant for me. Our health care system failed her as it does many of our own mentally ill people. Hopefully someday she will be on the mend I'm sure getting back home will help that along tremendously. Still though it is sad because her life and the lives of others are now changed in an unexpected way. Let us also hope she does not have to spend any time incarcerated as this train wrecking of her life will probably sting her enough.

Like I said you "sinkies" (sounds derogatory...is it?) have nothing on us when it comes to aberrant behavior. Witness the med school student or whatever who opened fire in a Colorado theater a few years ago. I can go on and on with such examples but it just a bunch of sadness so no.

First, we called ourselves pampered, mediocre, expensive and timid. Since even we're applying derogatory terms to ourselves, it's perfectly ok for anyone to apply derogatory terms to us.
Second, it's true in terms of aberrant behavior we are still lagging behind you. But we'll get there. We always aim to be number 1. We will be world number 1 in aberrent behavior. :bsmilie:

First, we called ourselves pampered, mediocre, expensive and timid. Since even we're applying derogatory terms to ourselves, it's perfectly ok for anyone to apply derogatory terms to us. Second, it's true in terms of aberrant behavior we are still lagging behind you. But we'll get there. We always aim to be number 1. We will be world number 1 in aberrent behavior. :bsmilie:

I find your faith disturbing... :D