Urgent Advise needed: Servicing b4 Warranty Expires

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcatraz

Jun 25, 2004
Hi, need advise. My D70 has a little dust inside body and warranty is expiring on 5 May. Can I send the camera to the service centre for cleaning service without being charged? does the warranty covers cleaning service?

If chargeable, how much?

appreciate all advise.

tks.

From what I know, cleaning within warranty is free. Thinking of going down to the service centre these few days to get that stubborn speck of dirt out of my sensor.

you can bring it down for general servicing / cleaning before the warranty expires, free of charge. i just did that last month.

tks all for the advise. will do so asap before warranty expires.

cheers.

OT: when bring down the body, do we need to remove the gaffer tape if I have it on?:think:

RockPopCorns said:
OT: when bring down the body, do we need to remove the gaffer tape if I have it on?:think:

i don't think so.
if it's just general cleaning, they don't need to open up your cam.

how about internal cleaning? does general means onli CCD and mirrow-box?? :dunno:

Reasons for me to ask is because i got some glue down dust on the ccd as well as the pentaprism.. was wondering if they need to unmount the screws which in turn need to remove the gaffer tape..

due to their office opening hours, going down before the door close is another problem thou..:sweat:

Dont know they will/can accept courier service??

kennyleong said:
how about internal cleaning? does general means onli CCD and mirrow-box?? :dunno:
RockPopCorns said:
Reasons for me to ask is because i got some glue down dust on the ccd as well as the pentaprism.. was wondering if they need to unmount the screws which in turn need to remove the gaffer tape..

due to their office opening hours, going down before the door close is another problem thou..:sweat:

Dont know they will/can accept courier service??

paiseh, not too sure. better to call nikon and have a chat with them.

Quite amazingly, the speck of dirt on my sensor disappeared (after several weeks), just when I stopped trying to get it off with my blower.

RockPopCorns said:

if i'm not wrong, pentaprism is accessible from removing the focusing screen rather than by removing the casing. if this is the case, no need to remove any screws.

maybe you can just leave the tape on first, and tell nikon to remove it if necessary when you send it in. if they won't accept it with gaffer tape you can peel it off yourself on the spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.