Status
Not open for further replies.
Person 'A' is..

Name: Amos
Also Advertised As: D C Photography
Contact No.: 9752 XXX1
CS Username: sharpshooter22
E-Mail: ccbb200@gmail.

Thank You All who have gave your kindest advice and suggestions, and those who have tuned in as well.

Last edited:
When another member name being mention, the person has the right to clear things up,

I have contacted sharpshooter22, and reopen this thread for him to respond.

to all,

Please keep it civil and stay on the topic.

When another member name being mention, the person has the right to clear things up,

I have contacted sharpshooter22, and reopen this thread for him to respond.

to all,

Please keep it civil and stay on the topic.

Okay. Let's hear what he has to say.

I would like to apologise if theres any misunderstanding or miscommunication. Esper please contact me directly if you feel I am not meeting your expectations. I respect your views if you think I am not passionate enough in photography or not good enough in any way. I am trying my best to meet your expectations and if anything not agreeable would prefer to solve it privately and peacefully

Thank you so much :)

TS, just FYI, companies pays students $8 to $10 per hour just to stand somewhere and hand out flyers (totally no skills nor experience needed)..... so yeah, $10 per hour is WAY TOO LOW for a job that requires you to bring a >$5,000 camera and apply your skills to complete the job. Considering there is so much pre and post event work (which is unpaid?!?!?:eek:), it's just not worth it.

I would like to apologise if theres any misunderstanding or miscommunication.

I think the rate that was offered ($10/hr)to the Photographer (Esper) to the Agent(sharpshooter22) and the scope of work caught alot of viewer's attention.

Since both are in this thread, I am curious did the Agent (sharpshooter22) communicate this to the Photographer (Esper) beforehand? If yes, is the client aware that Photographer (Esper) as the main/only pg is rather new to the trade for his/her "VVIP" event?

I would like to apologise if theres any misunderstanding or miscommunication. Esper please contact me directly if you feel I am not meeting your expectations. I respect your views if you think I am not passionate enough in photography or not good enough in any way. I am trying my best to meet your expectations and if anything not agreeable would prefer to solve it privately and peacefully

Just out of interest, is it your usual practice to get student/assistant photographer to shoot works?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1432522
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219597
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174222

Hi Amos, I would like to prefer to solve it out here loud & proud.

Also, why question my intention when I asked for a Immediate Cash Payment instead of a Cheque yesterday ?
It is none of your concern regarding the money in my pocket. Fancy you talking about "Respect the views of others" when you dare ask me where's the money I've earned from the first assignment when I told you I'm cash tight.

In reply to your texts and relentless calls,

"Is it possible to close d thread on d name part so i can respond to d post I am v worried"
What are you worrying for ? I think every one else should be more worried about your workings and traps. Especially those who are starting out in Photography based Jobs.

"Sori for wat heppen if u think i not meet ur expectations I did wat i can pls clarify w me for any misunderstandin"
I believe my clarification in my past posts are clear enough. And it's not just about my expectations, but for your other shooters, now or in the future.

"Tks so much for ur help Wud prefer if anythin u tell me directly Also wanted to continue work w u as i find dat u hv d quality n pay u mor for ur help but sad dat dis thing happened Pls contact me if u don mind"
Pls la..

"Why u still not contactin me so i can clarify w u"
Hi Amos, I would like to prefer to solve it out here loud & proud.

Last edited:
I think the rate that was offered ($10/hr)to the Photographer (Esper) to the Agent(sharpshooter22) and the scope of work caught alot of viewer's attention.

Since both are in this thread, I am curious did the Agent (sharpshooter22) communicate this to the Photographer (Esper) beforehand? If yes, is the client aware that Photographer (Esper) as the main/only pg is rather new to the trade for his/her "VVIP" event?

Hi Anson, I was handed 2 assignments from him. The First being the School Event. Second being the 'VVIP' event.

Event (1) : I was the main/only pg for the event of 4 Hrs.

Event (2) : Amos and I was present at the Event. The job is to document a Mob of VVIP tourists, further divided into 3 smaller groups around Singapore. The event was held over a period of 2 days.

On the first day job of 2 Hrs, Amos was with another group, hence I'm alone with 1 group.
On the second day job of 7 Hrs, Amos was with another group, hence I'm alone with 1 group.

Hence, it's pretty much the same job as a main/only pg in the given circumstance.

Last edited:

it seems more like sharpshooter is a Principal engaging a third party subcontractor (Esper ).

sharpshooter would, if a contract exists be contractually obligated to fulfilling his end of the deal to his customers.

sharpshooter is unlikely to be an Agent in the legal sense

I would like to apologise if theres any misunderstanding or miscommunication. Esper please contact me directly if you feel I am not meeting your expectations. I respect your views if you think I am not passionate enough in photography or not good enough in any way. I am trying my best to meet your expectations and if anything not agreeable would prefer to solve it privately and peacefully Thank you so much :)

Think it will be a good idea to clarify this "misunderstanding or miscommunication" here since you are obviously using this forum to engage photographers for work. I believe everyone will be interested to know how you work as well.

Think it will be a good idea to clarify this "misunderstanding or miscommunication" here since you are obviously using this forum to engage photographers for work. I believe everyone will be interested to know how you work as well.

So desu....

It will be good for Amos to clarify in the threads as this concerns the reputation of 2 persons and 1 business.

Esper has so far seemed to be very detailed with his sharing hence I think it will be good for Amos to probably share his side of his story too.

No one is here to judge , but rather it's always good for the community with these sharings.

Again , keep things civil pls.

Reactions: sjackal

dude, clearly there is misunderstanding which you would need to clarify with everyone here who is watching this thread closely.

we are not judging you but if things was as per what esper had mentioned, then it is giving photography industry a bad name. many of us are passionate in our course of work, im sure you know that

You can clear up the air by giving your side of the story.
The thread was re-opened by mod catchlights to allow you to do so.
Google and clubsnap search are everyone's friend...

Last edited:

Still awaiting clarification...
Unless I'm spot on ?

Last edited:
Sharpshooter22 - it is important for your own sake to share your side of the story, whether right or wrong.

If you are right, we can see for ourselves that the TS is all but a whiner. Or if you are in the wrong, you can maintain some credibility by using this chance to acknowledge so and apologise, and do business the ethical way. Nothing shameful about apologising since we all make mistakes.

I wonder how many more people like TS had experienced similar situations with this person. And how many more will continue to if TS did not bring this up.

It is very sad that we have come to a stage where we have to be very wary of the words like "looking for student photographer, looking for photogaphers with passion, looking to expand portfolio".

Last edited:
It is very sad that we have come to a stage where we have to be very wary of the words like "looking for student photographer, looking for photogaphers with passion, looking to expand portfolio".

It's ok if he is looking to build up a partner. But if the idea is just to sub out work and collect most of the money on behalf of another person, then that's inethical in my book. Not just to the photographers he approaches, but also to his clients.

Reactions: Shizuma
It's ok if he is looking to build up a partner. But if the idea is just to sub out work and collect most of the money on behalf of another person, then that's inethical in my book. Not just to the photographers he approaches, but also to his clients.

I totally agree with you about undisclosed subcontracting because it mislead both client and subcon.

however there is nothing unethical about a fully disclosed and formal subcontracting relationship. that's good business for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.