upgrading DSLR

60D with sigma 17-50 OS is also a good combination..

I'm a newbie and I went straight for the 60D because I like the feel of it in my hands. But despite kind advices from everywhere, I stubbornly went to buy with the kitIII. My advice is forget about the kit lens and depending on the budget and what you usually shoot, I would recommend the 50mm either f1.4 or 1.8 again depending on how deep your pocket is. I have recently added the 17-55mm to my 50mm and it's AMAZING. I can safely say, these 2 lenses are all I need for the time being. But I have to agree with some of the seniors here, learn to use your camera first. There are still SOOOO much I don't know about the camera. My pictures still lack umph and my composition is all over the place. And with the addition of a flash, now I'm confused as hell. Will keep me busy in the next coming years to explore.

Since your mind is made up, just go but never look back and make your money well spent.

Last edited:
so far alot of suggestion for 17-50mm 2.8... hmmm i shld consider that. Currently now on kit 1 lens.. frens say no to get kit lens as 3rd party lens also can provide a better quaility.

Hmmm.. most of the time i will be shooting outdoor.. mainly on people for sport activities / gathering

My budget will be max is 2k with body and lens... intend to use 1 lens for all usage. 1 fren suggest 3rd party 18-200mm

Sn0wMaN said:
so far alot of suggestion for 17-50mm 2.8... hmmm i shld consider that. Currently now on kit 1 lens.. frens say no to get kit lens as 3rd party lens also can provide a better quaility.

Hmmm.. most of the time i will be shooting outdoor.. mainly on people for sport activities / gathering

My budget will be max is 2k with body and lens... intend to use 1 lens for all usage. 1 fren suggest 3rd party 18-200mm

Actually 2k is really more then enough for u d...if u get a 60d mint condition on BnS section is around 1150max see it before with warranty more so u still have a 850 maybe can a 17-50 grey set from HK is around 450 then u still got 400 u can keep it or buy a flash you still have a balance.

If you get a 60d 1150+ a tamrom or sigma 18-200 around 480-600 so you still have a balance to get a 3rd party flash..

Just need to plan it before you buy and don't look back.. ;)

Haha...Don't make TS more confuse better we just suggest him a 60d with a gd lens...

Btw TS for 3rd party lens maybe u can get a 17-50 tamrom it was not bad...but it was cost around sgd 450-600 so up to you izzit you will choose for vc or non vc...

And if you still don't know which lens is suitable for you I suggest better u stay with ur 18-55 1st...

If TS intends to get 3rd party lenses, a camera body with AF fine tune is strongly recommended... so either a 7D or a used 50D.

getting a brand new 60d body + sigma 17-50mm... roughly what will the price be??

Sn0wMaN said:
getting a brand new 60d body + sigma 17-50mm... roughly what will the price be??

Almost 2k

daredevil123 said:
If TS intends to get 3rd party lenses, a camera body with AF fine tune is strongly recommended... so either a 7D or a used 50D.

But the matter is TS already pointing to 60D so no point I am going to tell he another then 60D because he already set up he mind :)

AF fine tune body??? which cam will it be. I will try to open up if it is within my budget

Sn0wMaN said:
AF fine tune body??? which cam will it be. I will try to open up if it is within my budget

As DareDevil said 7d or 50d

40D and 50D has it, but they are old cameras. They took it away from the 60D though, I'm not sure why. The next one will be 7D. If high ISO performance is not that important to you, 40D and 50D are pretty decent cameras.

For me I m a 50d user it was serve me very well and I m loving it :)