"Unnatural' & Incident Thread

Was wondering previously there was other fighting case with angmo at Bedok jetty. How come not arrested? And other cases as well.

Under what circumstances or logic will the police come in?

As in SINGAPORE Indian or non- Singaporean Indian?

As in - Indian Community world wide.... NOT every Chinese/Indian/Malay/Other's festival is a National Holiday or is widely known...

Was wondering previously there was other fighting case with angmo at Bedok jetty. How come not arrested? And other cases as well.

Under what circumstances or logic will the police come in?

When police have a clear view of who the people involved in the fight are.... and those people stupid enough to fight inside a public transportation.... and lets not forget the 5 minute of fame the get from the video...

Some more... Incidents....

DPM Teo raises alarm over Malaysian woman who drove through Woodlands checkpoint without clearance

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/dpm-teo-raises-alarm-over-malaysian-woman-who-drove-through-woodlands-checkpoint-without-clearance-024204846.html

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean has expressed his "deep dissatisfaction" over the case of a 27-year-old Malaysian woman who drove into Singapore last Friday without clearing any customs checks at the Woodlands Checkpoint.

The woman, reportedly a teacher from Kuala Lumpur, was only arrested three days later on Monday when she and her Malaysian-registered red Perodua car were found inside the Ministry of Foreign Affairs compound off Holland Road.

"I have expressed my deep dissatisfaction to the Commissioner of ICA and the Commissioner of Police over the breach at Woodlands Checkpoint and the subsequent response actions," DPM Teo said in a media statement.

"This case should have been prevented and dealt with more urgently and decisively as it could have resulted in more serious consequences than what occurred. I have directed the Comissioners to report to me the corrective actions they are taking, and recommend appropriate action to be taken against officers who have not discharged their duties properly," he added.

According to an ICA joint statement, the Malaysian woman, who is believed to have a history of mental illness, drove into Singapore last Friday in a red Perodua car at about 1:58pm.

She managed to leave the checkpoint without being stopped, as the officers-in-charge did not immediately raise the alarm. By the time the alarm was raised 2 minutes later and the arrival car zone was locked down, she had already left.

Despite a police islandwide advisory to look out for the woman and her car, she was only arrested three days later on Monday afternoon.

Today newspaper reported that police officers initally failed to recognise the woman or her car despite the islandwide alert, when they encountered her while helping a taxi driver whom she tailgated all the way into the Police Cantonment Complex.

She was finally arrested an hour later when she had entered the Ministry of Foreign Affairs front gate off Holland Road by tailgating an authorised vehicle. She was driving around the compound for a few minutes before MFA security officers cornered her car, local media reported.

The ICA and Police are now reviewing security systems and work processes in view of the major security breach.

“This is a very serious lapse in our border security and we are disappointed by this incident. We will do a thorough investigation to prevent a similar occurrence. We will learn from the incident and further strengthen our security measures at the checkpoints to prevent a similar occurrence, ” said deputy Commissioner of ICA Mr Aw Kum Cheong.

Mr Raja Kumar, Deputy Commissioner of Police added: “There is existing coordination between SPF and ICA at the Checkpoints to deal with potential threats. Police will work with ICA to study how we could further improve our incident response processes.”

The next of kin of the Malaysian woman, who has been held on charges of criminal trespass and evading immigration clearance, have been contacted and they will be in Singapore to assist in investigations.

Singaporean are very resilient... they can be insulted, and humiliated, but they will still support and forgive.... because we are so poor... and many new poor will emerge soon....

British expat Anton Casey on anti-Singaporean Facebook posts: Please forgive me

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/british-expat-anton-casey-apologises-for-comments-that-sparked-online-uproar-in-singapore-033857887.html

A private wealth manager in Singapore who sparked outrage online for referring to public transport commuters as "poor people" has apologised.

In a statement issued through Fulford Public Relations on Tuesday, British national Anton Casey said, "I deeply regret having offended and disrespected the people of Singapore. I have the highest respect and regard for Singapore and the good people of Singapore; this is my home."

Several of Casey's comments caused public outrage when screengrabs of his Facebook posts surfaced on various Singapore websites and forums on Monday.

In one post showing a photo of his son seated on an MRT train, Casey said, "Daddy where is your car & who are all these poor people?"

Of another photo showing his son in his Porsche, he said in a post, "Ahhhhhhhhh reunited with my baby. Normal service can resume, once I have washed the stench of public transport off me...!"

In another post, he called a Singapore male cabbie a "retard" for wearing arm warmers and mittens and having a towel on his lap.

"After 11 years of residency, I am still trying to understand THESE people!" he added.

Casey, who is believed to be staying in Sentosa Cove and is married to 2003 Miss Singapore Universe pageant winner Bernice Wong, said that due to a "security breach" of his personal Facebook page and the misuse of an old video by unknown sources, his family, especially his five-year-old son, "suffered extreme emotional and verbal abuse online".

Many people who saw the posts and video reacted negatively, with many calling the expatriate "arrogant" and urging him and his family to get out of Singapore.

"It must be made extremely clear that a YouTube video of me, with my son in the background, was not posted in response to any recent events. This video was made weeks prior and has been misused to portray me as unreprentant," he said.

Casey added that police investigations were ongoing into the matter, including death threats his family have received.

He also urged people to forgive him and give him a second chance, noting that his five-year-old son "is an innocent party to this unfortunate and extremely stressful situation".

"I wish for nothing more than to be forgiven for my poor judgement and given a second chance to rebuild the trust people have had in me as a resident of this wonderful Country," he concluded.

One male expatriate who got to know Casey and his family over the past several months told Yahoo Singapore that the wealth manager had a very British sense of humour, which can be very scathing, "but it can cross lines and it did cross lines".

"I had to defriend him on Facebook because I couldn't stand the rubbish he was writing about all sorts of people," the expat said, adding that Casey's wife and son though were "sweet".

Singaporean are very resilient... they can be insulted, and humiliated, but they will still support and forgive.... because we are so poor... and many new poor will emerge soon....

Actually, singaporeans either don't care or are too meek

Or NATO and/or Keyboard Warrior mostly....

I very much prefer to mind my own business and don't take every comment and joke (from local or foreigner) too personally/seriously... :think:

Forget to add.... he gotten death threat....

Singaporean meek? Maybe the cup is gonna to overflow real soon... standby your A7R.... for more action shots.... I will need my trusty 7D for this assignment...

British expat's 'poor people' remark sparks outrage in Singapore

A Porsche-driving British wealth manager in Singapore who referred to public transport commuters as "poor people" has apologised after his Facebook posts sparked an online furore.

Anton Casey, a 39-year-old senior wealth manager in the financial sector, had also referred to washing "the stench of public transport off me" in one of his posts on the social network.

Furious online readers flooded websites on which his remarks were reposted with comments, many of which subjected him and his family to verbal abuse.

Singapore has one of the world's highest annual GDP per capita incomes with official data showing it stood at Sg$65,048 ($50,890) in 2012. The city-state also boasts one of Asia's most modern public transport systems, with its 150-kilometre (93-mile) metro network carrying about two million people daily.

"I would like to extend a sincere apology to the people of Singapore," Casey said in a statement issued through a public relations firm late Tuesday.

"I have the highest respect and regard for Singapore and the good people of Singapore; this is my home," said the permanent resident, who is married to a former Singapore beauty queen with whom he has a five-year-old son.

"I wish for nothing more than to be forgiven for my poor judgement and given a second chance to rebuild the trust people have had in me as a resident of this wonderful country."

One of Casey's posts showed a picture of a boy, apparently his son, sitting inside a metro train with a caption above the photo saying: "Daddy, where is your car & who are all these poor people?"

Another showed a waving boy sitting inside a silver convertible Porsche, with a caption saying: "Ahhhhhhhh reunited with my baby. Normal service can resume, once I have washed the stench of public transport off me."

As the Facebook posts went viral online, a YouTube video of Casey later emerged on various websites in which he appeared to be taunting his critics.

But Casey in his statement denied that the video was made in response to the online furore.

He said it was an old video that had been "misused" by "unknown sources" in order to portray him as unrepentant.

Casey also said there had been a "security breach" of his Facebook page and that his family had "suffered extreme emotional and verbal abuse online".

Police were investigating death threats received by his family, he added.

"This guy is rich materially but poor spiritually," a reader named Tony Tan wrote on TheRealSingapore, one of the online publications that reposted Casey's Facebook comments.

Another reader named Michael Ryan wrote: "Why oh why do you think you are so much better than others just because you happen to have cash... Shame on you mate, shame!"

Singaporean meek? Maybe the cup is gonna to overflow real soon... standby your A7R.... for more action shots.... I will need my trusty 7D for this assignment...

I'll use my A99 :bsmilie:

Maybe just a false claim. His PR adviser is teaching him to now play the role of "victim".

The idiot did not apologise personally. He got a PR company to release a statement. How insincere can one be.

Govt should give him 24 hours to leave Singapore.

Maybe just a false claim. His PR adviser is teaching him to now play the role of "victim".

The idiot did not apologise personally. He got a PR company to release a statement. How insincere can one be.

Govt should give him 24 hours to leave Singapore.

He'll leave with a beautiful wife leaving us one less beauty in this island: :bsmilie:

Offensive-Anton-Casey-wit-013.jpg