Uni, Polytechnic & JC photographer meet up

Status
Not open for further replies.
grimicer said:
we are going on the 19th, aka today, shooting around cityhall area in the afternoon.

add me on msn to get more details :)
my msn address can be found on the left, just click on the msn-like icon.
u joined TPVC ar?! dat one gd meh? i like registered since last yr..bt neva been called up for any meetings... :confused:
btw me in electronics..

dreamerz said:
im in tp too...went to the tpvc outing oso...they choose salar timing take things...
salar timing take things ?!?! watcha talkin abt..don get it..
hmm nah i din go to that city hall outin..haha..cos nt sure if the whole thing was gd.. ;)

smokeput said:
salar timing take things ?!?! watcha talkin abt..don get it..
hmm nah i din go to that city hall outin..haha..cos nt sure if the whole thing was gd.. ;)
they choose to take fm 12-3...this timing the sun is the harshest...so pix taken outdoor at that time is nt that gd...as the harsh light will blown out the highlight...i took less than 5 pix...

dreamerz said:
they choose to take fm 12-3...this timing the sun is the harshest...so pix taken outdoor at that time is nt that gd...as the harsh light will blown out the highlight...i took less than 5 pix...

omg are u blaming the sun? the camera is in your hands..its all up to you..

doug3fflux said:
omg are u blaming the sun? the camera is in your hands..its all up to you..

it's not gonna be easy to shoot under harsh sun conditions considering the fact that most of the ppls are using digital and snap and adjust according. film can't do the same :)

Yeah, film is totally hard.. send a guy in with film and out of 100 shots probably only 5 will survive... Unless he superpro and pack all available filters at the lens.. jk :bsmilie: Also dont think that would help much ..

Koelsch said:
it's not gonna be easy to shoot under harsh sun conditions considering the fact that most of the ppls are using digital and snap and adjust according. film can't do the same :)

i hate to sound like someone very experienced and purposely differ from you but, thats an excuse, not a reason! its possible with film. once again, the cams in ur hands...

then again, i wasnt there!! so maybe you're right. my points just that whats possible with film is generally possible with digital.

cheers!

did anyone say it is impossible? no

we jus say that its is very difficult to shoot wif film wif such harsh light...as it nt easy to get the exposure correct n the highlight can be easily blown up...n wif film u wun 1 to trigger happy...as per frame is money...

dreamerz said:
u try shooting film...i see u dare anyhow tigger happy or nt lor...
ya ya...dats wat i saying oso...they make ppl use film and wans to see as much pix as possible.. :confused:

hmm..u compose ur pix and nt pix compose u..?! ;)

smokeput said:
ya ya...dats wat i saying oso...they make ppl use film and wans to see as much pix as possible.. :confused:

hmm..u compose ur pix and nt pix compose u..?! ;)
haha...i was using my own film...so the pinch is there...LOL

dreamerz said:
u try shooting film...i see u dare anyhow tigger happy or nt lor...

So, if the time you went for the shoot was say, 6-8am, 3-7pm...you will be trigger happy ? I don't see how that will help u make nice photos.

in that scenario i probably wouldnt be trigger happy; in leisure shooting w film, who is triggerhappy? you are only trigger happy when 1) you are rich, or 2) you know what u are doing.
my point is that it is up to you to whether u want to make nice photos or not, regardless the situation. u can always spotmeter off midtone areas....

regards
Douglas

post #110?

dreamerz said:
did anyone say it is impossible? no

we jus say that its is very difficult to shoot wif film wif such harsh light...as it nt easy to get the exposure correct n the highlight can be easily blown up...n wif film u wun 1 to trigger happy...as per frame is money...

So, if the time you went for the shoot was say, 6-8am, 3-7pm...you will be trigger happy ? I don't see how that will help u make nice photos.

in that scenario i probably wouldnt be trigger happy; in leisure shooting w film, who is triggerhappy? you are only trigger happy when 1) you are rich, or 2) you know what u are doing.
my point is that it is up to you to whether u want to make nice photos or not, regardless the situation. u can always spotmeter off midtone areas....

oh and for the record, can you really define what is a correct exposure? you cannot. I'm not some modern post-modernist here but the exposure should really reflect what you are taking, not whether it is correct or wrong.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.