Understanding M,A,S and P Mode in Nikon DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit harsh on the comments I think...

Some people may not be able to compose perfect statements when writing or speaking that's why it will look or sound illogical or too straight forward for us.

Not to be preachy here but please have a broader understanding of what the TS is asking the forum. If he is really not in the correct forum then point him to the correct area. People are suppose to be encouraging the interest of photography here not the other way around.
if TS does not help himself by reading up on the different functions and parts of his camera, none of us here should spoonfeed him with answers. there are hundreds of threads here which can easily answer his queries if he bothers to do a search

if TS does not help himself by reading up on the different functions and parts of his camera, none of us here should spoonfeed him with answers. there are hundreds of threads here which can easily answer his queries if he bothers to do a search

Understand the point, and it's a fair and helpful comment especially to a noob. I'm just reacting to harsh comments which i think doesnt really help even if the intention is good. I mean asking the TS to be patient when we are not even patient to really answer his questions properly and without sarcasam...

anyway...mods may kill me if this gets too long... just sayin out what i feel i guess...

Don't worry people. drmarx is not a new member (based on the registration date), so I presume he/she knows what folks are talking about.

The good thing is, I am not reading any anger here as the replies corresponds to what each member by their usual response pattern. The grumpy, the intellect, the teachers, the illogical yet logical, all remains where they are suppose to :D

think what other CS-er want to know is what is the forth mode?

1. AF-S - focus once
2. AF-A - auto select focus point
3. AF-C - continous adjust focusing distance of the selected point
4. ???? (Manual focus???)

now with D300, D700, D3, D3x, D90 got 3D tracking focusing (dont think D200 time got such function)

sorry i mean focus area modes--missed "area"

AF area mode single/dynamic/group dynamic/dynamic with closest priority, D3/300/700/80/90 only has 3 position 9 single/dynamic/dynamic with closest priority, and on D80/90 need go into menu to switch, i think

Last edited:
All the comments are welcome. It's okay for me because some of them may feel a bit fed up and angry of my question. :)
But all of them are eager to teach me willingly.
Thanks very much for all the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.