Undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Pentax , is it popular brand for DSLR ? Good?
Depends on the user. There are those who like it, there are those who prefer another brand.

2) Is it considered as those "FOR BEGGINER WHO WANNA TRY DSLR" camera?
Depends on the model. If just want to try, look for one used.

3) What is the market price for KX and which shop sells that?
Search the Pentax forum, pretty sure its quite the popular subject.

4) Any brand of lense can fit in KX , is it ?
Pentax K Mount. May need adapter for much much older lens.

5) Dry cabinet/Dry box is a must have eventhough I gonna use it all the time for outing and such?
If your gear sees the sun often, not really a must have but for $100...not really that expensive to get one.

6) Why people recommend me KX , why not others?

New craze i suppose? But for less then $1000, its a pretty good camera. But if you have like $1.2k, opens up more options like the Nikon D5000.

For me, i chose the K20D because of its amazing outdoor resilience.

Last edited:
I don't think it's the reputation that nik is basing his decision on..... at least that's my guess.
Speaking as a faithful Pentaxian, I feel that Pentax's body is quite lacking, especially for demanding and professional shooters. I would really recommend a N or C for paid assignments. For me, I chose Pentax cos of its glass. Well, Pentax is really a great system for shots where you can take your time to focus and shoot, i.e. planned shots. It just isn't that reliable for fast-paced events (Maybe the k7 could do much better than my k10d?). Streets, landscapes and portraitures is where I can use Pentax quite confidently.

Speaking as a faithful Pentaxian, I feel that Pentax's body is quite lacking, especially for demanding and professional shooters. I would really recommend a N or C for paid assignments. For me, I chose Pentax cos of its glass. Well, Pentax is really a great system for shots where you can take your time to focus and shoot, i.e. planned shots. It just isn't that reliable for fast-paced events (Maybe the k7 could do much better than my k10d?). Streets, landscapes and portraitures is where I can use Pentax quite confidently.

Agreed! but i think K7 with a fast responsive flash set-up can do much better on
events usage,dunno yet must try it when i have it later.......;)

Well... This is a very demanding and professional shooter -> Jason Edwards

jason.jpg

And definitely a Pentax user - photo linked from http://www.bio-images.com/photographer.php

If he can do it, maybe we can aspire to be the same - or at least the amateur version. :bsmilie:

and that closes doors to any lens without an af motor. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Unless they like shooting with nikon lenses in M.A.N.U.A.L. mode.... hahahahaha... but would rather use pentax glass if using manual. Sharper... at least for my K and M primes :)

Well... This is a very demanding and professional shooter -> Jason Edwards

jason.jpg

And definitely a Pentax user - photo linked from http://www.bio-images.com/photographer.php

If he can do it, maybe we can aspire to be the same - or at least the amateur version. :bsmilie:
Natural Photography, well, still maneageble with Pentax imho. Ha.

It's still a stigma I feel that Pentax cannot deliver on fast-paced shooting environment. If anyone has tested K7's ability to keep up, would be interesting to hear any report. Don't forget K-7 is touted to have the best AWB/tungsten AWB/expansive custom WB settings so far, besting 7D, 300S in indoor incandescent lighting. :)

Cmon guys!
The TS only wanted a affirmation that he should get Pentax.
We will confuse him be wandering into "Pentax is not strong in this an that".
Any camera will have some odd ball (or genius) somewhere that has used it for a purpose it was not intended for :D

So to TS, don't think just GET PENTAX! ;)

Cmon guys!
The TS only wanted a affirmation that he should get Pentax.
We will confuse him be wandering into "Pentax is not strong in this an that".
Any camera will have some odd ball (or genius) somewhere that has used it for a purpose it was not intended for :D

So to TS, don't think just GET PENTAX! ;)
This I agree. Unless you are a pro or you know exactly what you are looking for, you can't go too wrong with Pentax.

This I agree. Unless you are a pro or you know exactly what you are looking for, you can't go too wrong with Pentax.

Exactly! Using a system, any system really demands lots of input from the photographer. Any assignment needs preparation even street-walking-shoot favours the prepared mind.

How fast is fast a system? Usually missed opportunities are due to our slow reaction, not the system. The Pentax system do need a couple more lenses with good reach & big aperture but then again, there's Sigma that I'm happily rely on.

Exactly! Using a system, any system really demands lots of input from the photographer. Any assignment needs preparation even street-walking-shoot favours the prepared mind.

How fast is fast a system? Usually missed opportunities are due to our slow reaction, not the system. The Pentax system do need a couple more lenses with good reach & big aperture but then again, there's Sigma that I'm happily rely on.

I concur... just get Pentax. :)

Hmmm... i think we scared him off. My fault. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.