tripodss

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh it's 3 way pan head? but's the bottom is a ballshape type.. so i guess it's a proper way to call it.. =p

i got the fancier one from tagotech.

IMO its a real bang for the buck for wat it is priced for.

i mounted my D80 with grip with my 70-300 VR, and its super stable. even had it in portrait position, and the balhead could take the weight comfortably with no creep. seems like it might actually take a 70-200 VR easily. it packs up to a really neat small bag too.

my recommendation if you wana have a cheap and good one at 88 bucks.

JL's tripods is great.. that's a plus when JL provide great service to me.. =) my Nomad Tripod serves all my photography needs, stable, reliable, compact and light.. similar to Benro's travel angel which features very compact design where the legs can be folded upwards when keeping.. which saves about 25% of the space.. so if you want to travel light.. JL's Nomad Tripod definily beat what the market can offer.. on top of that, the price is half than what Benro can offer.. JL's Ballhead, 3-way Pan Head's offers more choices for users who have tight budget.. my personal choice is still JL Photo's Tripods!

Comments based on personal experience through dealing with JL personally and has been using the Nomad Tripod which I still feel valuable.. =) Up for JL.. hope the starter of this thread can make a sound judgement on his tripod purchase.. so here i wish you all the best! ;)

JL's tripods is great.. that's a plus when JL provide great service to me.. =) my Nomad Tripod serves all my photography needs, stable, reliable, compact and light.. similar to Benro's travel angel which features very compact design where the legs can be folded upwards when keeping.. which saves about 25% of the space.. so if you want to travel light.. JL's Nomad Tripod definily beat what the market can offer.. on top of that, the price is half than what Benro can offer.. JL's Ballhead, 3-way Pan Head's offers more choices for users who have tight budget.. my personal choice is still JL Photo's Tripods!

Comments based on personal experience through dealing with JL personally and has been using the Nomad Tripod which I still feel valuable.. =) Up for JL.. hope the starter of this thread can make a sound judgement on his tripod purchase.. so here i wish you all the best! ;)

Wow, such a glowing praise. Makes me wanna buy too. :thumbsup: How long have you had this tripod? I'm looking for one too. I'm always on the lookout for a "cheap and good" alternative. BTW my cam is a 5D + 70-200 F2.8, a fairly heavy setup. I sometimes use external flash as well. So can the ballhead withstand the weight reliably? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
after having good comments from fellow cs brothers.. i want down to meet JL and prior to deciding, he explain to me about the tripod.. had a great chat with him too.. i just deal with him 2 weeks ago.. so far served me well.. macro shots, landscape.. the ks-0 3way pan head is espcially useful when taking pano shots.. some more it's just slight top up.. for such great product, i guess it just speak for itself.. do contact JL and arrange a viewing or something..

all the best to your new tripod hunting..!

Wow, such a glowing praise. Makes me wanna buy too. :thumbsup: How long have you had this tripod? I'm looking for one too. I'm always on the lookout for a "cheap and good" alternative. BTW my cam is a 5D + 70-200 F2.8, a fairly heavy setup. I sometimes use external flash as well. So can the ballhead withstand the weight reliably? Thanks in advance

If you're using the 50D + 70-200, please do not stinge on tripod quality. Get the best you can afford-- something around S$300 (manfrotto) will be good.

i guess for bro kenkht.. a 3 section Y560 with ks0 3 way pan head can hold the set up he said.. =) Y560 is the firmest among the tripods JL have.. best to go try it out on your own.. ;)

ok some negative feedbacks about the tripod i heard from other forum. should not discolse the user and the website to protect the user identity.
i think this tripod is still relatively new so not many user has actually got hold for it long enough to comment about the negative side of the tripod but one of it i've heard is that the paint actually starts coming out after some time.
not sure if its normal just like other tripod or just because its made in china.

and again u must give this tripod a doubt cause its made in china no one knows how good it can last working well, lastly this guy from the forum stated that 179 for a made in china 5 section tripod might be over price because its made in china afterall and it seem like he is making quite a big profit from it, and don't think it should cost that much maybe the tripod should cost around 100 - 150.

second thoughts after reading the post from a fellow forumer but again there are many people who priases this tripod so i'm alittle :dunno: if i should get this tripod

Here's the thing: It's either you pay a lot more for a tripod from another more reliable brand, or you pay a lot less and take the chance.

ya bro bugsz..

im the satisfied user of it.. but i guess if there are negative comments, there will be more negative posts than positive posts ba.. one question comes back, how can one be sure their branded products are not made in China or parts made in China.. MIC seems inevidable these days, guess you might want to test and try before making purchases.. ;) as for me, i check the product against my needs and wants once i feel it's alright, i buy it.. very simple consumer philosophy for me.. guess by doing what i do, you can be a smart shopper buy cheap and the products suit your need..

yup i know
again not sure if its cheap 180+ with 3 pan head is like 60+
adds up to be 250+
its rather expensive for me for a made in china product :)
just not sure is it value for money for me to go for it.

haha frankly i paid $200 for my set up of Nomad tripod and the 3 way pan head.. as when you buy the tripod, the pan head is at discounted price ah.. guess he is open for slight price reduction.. and i guess, again it comes back to cost, these products needs certain skills to make and raw material to manufacture and everything.. for the similar set up for others.. guess it would be easily over $500 for B brand and maybe over $800 for M and G brands.. and who can tell whether any part of the whole tripod is made in China.. yet they are earning many folds just cos of the brand? haha guess it's up to individual.. =)

Nono, I meant the 3-way BALLHEAD part.

Is there such thing? :bigeyes:

Ballhead -> 360 degree
482.jpg

3-way
5001FM_S.jpg

I might be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.