Travel Photos. To be in or not to be in?

To be or not to be in? [Anonymous Poll]

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just not right if you don't appear in all your travel photos with a "V" finger sign. You look even more powerful if you make two "V"s with both hands.

I am lucky to shot a picture of myself once every 5,000 shots. I have others shoot me including my avatar. heh If someone want to know where I went...look at my passport and then look at what I shot of where I went.

Think I am too sexy for my own camera hahahahah.

To be in or not serves 2 differ cat of photo.. take both.. nothing to lost..

can be always taking serious pics all the time, add a dash of yourself in the collection to make it more lively.

When i travel alone, most likely wont see my face. Maybe one or two shots by/with friends made on the road.

But me and my travel kakis like to shoot one another secretly....so there're always surprise pics on our return.....:bsmilie:

kahheng said:
It's just not right if you don't appear in all your travel photos with a "V" finger sign. You look even more powerful if you make two "V"s with both hands.

I do enjoy looking at others taking pictures like this....;p

I think is good to have some photos of oneself while travelling. Photos taken with family & friends can be fun too.. maybe around 5% (oneself, with family & friends) of the trip photos :)

i'm with you ... i dun hv myself in the fotos when i travel ...

it's not impt to me to hv myself in my fotos. what's impt is that i know those fotos were taken by me ;)

Depends on what kind of travel trips.
Generally not a good idea when you go trips with your gf/wife and refuse to have any pictures with them......

When I travel, I take photos of the place and things/people around me, than having me in the photos. That surprises my travel friends when they are on the road with me.

I normally take photos for story-telling purpose. Some with me, some with my friends, some with people I interact with, some purely the things I see. Then group them as necessary for posting to different topics. Having too many sunset and building photos feel so much like "me too" pictures so a little "life" makes it more personal and unique. Something that makes me feel nostalgic to see again after a few years.

Yup, i would do that too but end of the day, i dun really feel much for the place i've been too... especially years down the road, its hard to remember the picture wlo you in it.

travel photos are a form of cultural achievement in terms of showing people "I have been to this place"

travelling is a status symbol of sorts and travel photos act as evidence

without a person in the photograph the travel photo in a sense loses its context (anyone could have taken the shot)

I think it is nice to have someone close to you in your travel photos, like wife/gf. It makes the picture more special and personal rather than travel documentary shots which there is like 10001 travel pics out there and only 1 with your wife in it. It will bring back memories also years later. I think travel photos, like most personal photos, are for memory's sake. Years down the road when me and my wife are old, we can bring out all our travel photos and read over our rocking chairs, with a cup of milo or something.

Also, it is much easier to tell that the picture is taken by you because got your wife in it :)

It depends on the purpose of the photo.

Is it to show that you were there holidaying?
Is it to show the beautiful scenery?

most photographers are actually quite camera shy.. the poll shows this point. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.