Total Defence Photo competition -- $70,000 worth of prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi please give me some advise

I do have a picture showing our Saf and foreign military units having joint exercise.... is it appropriate?

jialuvqr said:
hi please give me some advise

I do have a picture showing our Saf and foreign military units having joint exercise.... is it appropriate?

No harm in trying.

Anyway, there are so many aspects of Total defence and not just on Military defence. There is the Social, Economic, Civil and Psychological. Please don't just focus on military.

So much on the military hype here. Why not discuss on the other aspects?

Images of the busy port, of Shenton way buildings, of the market scene, of the heartland shops, of the trade could well depict the economic defence.

Police patrolling the street, the TP, the mobile patrol, the citizen volunteer corps, the civil defence drills etc are part of the civil defence.

the rest, most of you can figure out lah.

Steven Yee said:
No harm in trying.

Anyway, there are so many aspects of Total defence and not just on Military defence. There is the Social, Economic, Civil and Psychological. Please don't just focus on military.

So much on the military hype here. Why not discuss on the other aspects?

Images of the busy port, of Shenton way buildings, of the market scene, of the heartland shops, of the trade could well depict the economic defence.

Police patrolling the street, the TP, the mobile patrol, the citizen volunteer corps, the civil defence drills etc are part of the civil defence.

the rest, most of you can figure out lah.

I thought of going Shenton way too but is it what the judges want? The guide line for economic defence was learning to stay employable

the components of total defence can be found easily. shots of each components are easily available to be shot. i think your concept and how you translate it creatively and visually interesting will set you apart from the rest. so, start cracking.

S11loop said:
are we allow to add in caption or title on the photo itself or we can only submit plain photo only ?
any helps to the above question ? thanks

S11loop said:
any helps to the above question ? thanks

Hi,

The rules and regulation can be found on
http://td2005.totaldefence.org.sg/pdf/photofest/rules_and_regulations.pdf

Entry form can be downloaded at
http://td2005.totaldefence.org.sg/pdf/photofest/entry_form.pdf

You just need to put in a simple title for your work and a brief description of where and when you take it.

It can be as simple as

Title : "People"
Description: "Taken at Shenton way, April 2005"

would like to check if the results are out ?

uncleparty said:
i was informed by phone.
Maybe I forget to put down my phone no. :bsmilie:

Sjourn said:
Meaning your entry got in? Congrats.

hehe i should think so. they asked for original as well as edited picture. not being modest or wateva, but im quite dissapointed with the pic that got in. was hoping another pic, which i spent more time and effort on, would have made it instead. :(

thks. dun think win big also lah. the one they wanted the files of actually quite ugly. haha.

Not sure if the results are made public yet. But winning entries are now being contacted by phone. The organisers require the submission of the photoshopped soft files as well as the original to be submitted by the end of June.

As there is a rule governing the submission of these files, the official results should be released at the end of the month - after these are checked. Just my guess.

Lord_Angelus said:
It is by phone or mail?

Sigh...... I think did not get it... >_<

By phone. They seems to be calling category by category over the last week. My son got called for the junior section last Saturday. I got called earlier. All merit prizes only. Yours may be the top prizes - have to wait out while the judges deliberate further. :)

saw the photos exhibited at marina south...anyone got news of the prize collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.