Tokyo & MT. Fuji

pic 47 Pretty XMM driving shutter. Do you hope she can be your personal driver?
9341567059_470675b3be_z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice series. :thumbsup:

Like to ask some questions if you don't mind. May I know which hotel did you put up? I am having a hard time finding a hotel that can accomodate 2 adults and 2 children in a single room (my kids are about the same age as yours). Also between Disneyland and Sea, which is a better destination in your opinion, if you can only choose 1? Planning the itineraries is making my hair white :sweat:

Nice series. :thumbsup:

Like to ask some questions if you don't mind. May I know which hotel did you put up? I am having a hard time finding a hotel that can accomodate 2 adults and 2 children in a single room (my kids are about the same age as yours). Also between Disneyland and Sea, which is a better destination in your opinion, if you can only choose 1? Planning the itineraries is making my hair white :sweat:
Thanks wolfton.

For Tokyo, we stayed at Keio Plaza Hotel at Shinjuku, which is only 5 mins to Shinjuku train station, the busiest train station worldwide! From here, you can reach most of the places direct or one time transit. For first time travel to Japan and can't speak Japanese. This hotel is a good choice due to the convenience of transportation.

For child under 6 yrs old, stays free; above 6 yrs, you may need to pay extra child fee. Can double check with the hotel. For myself, I registered my daughter(7yrs) at the other room. So for my room, it was 2 adults and 1 child(5yrs). The other room was 1 adult and 1 child(7yrs) and one 5yrs boy(free). So I didn't pay extra charge.

Between Disneyland and See, Disneyland is a better choice, because it is more traditional and more things to play. For those only plan one day, I will say Disneyland. Remember to go there early and "chong" to those popular place to get the "fast pass".

If you can read Chinese very well, I can introduce you a Chinese website which has very details about how to plan the itineraries. At the end of this thread, I will publish my itinerary. Of course, due to three children in my group, my itinerary is more for children.

Thanks wolfton.

For Tokyo, we stayed at Keio Plaza Hotel at Shinjuku, which is only 5 mins to Shinjuku train station, the busiest train station worldwide! From here, you can reach most of the places direct or one time transit. For first time travel to Japan and can't speak Japanese. This hotel is a good choice due to the convenience of transportation.

For child under 6 yrs old, stays free; above 6 yrs, you may need to pay extra child fee. Can double check with the hotel. For myself, I registered my daughter(7yrs) at the other room. So for my room, it was 2 adults and 1 child(5yrs). The other room was 1 adult and 1 child(7yrs) and one 5yrs boy(free). So I didn't pay extra charge.

Between Disneyland and See, Disneyland is a better choice, because it is more traditional and more things to play. For those only plan one day, I will say Disneyland. Remember to go there early and "chong" to those popular place to get the "fast pass".

If you can read Chinese very well, I can introduce you a Chinese website which has very details about how to plan the itineraries. At the end of this thread, I will publish my itinerary. Of course, due to three children in my group, my itinerary is more for children.

Thanks bro for the tip.

I thought of going Disneysea instead of land as it's the only one in the world.....haiz, decision time again....

Yes my Chinese is good hehe, can intro the site? :)

Day 5 Ghibli Museum & Kichijoji

You not need to be Japanese animation fan, you might know Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Sprite Away. Yes we are going to Ghibli Museum, Miyazaki Hayao's Studio Ghibl!

pic 48 The outside view of Ghiblli Museum
9341745305_c5abbb60d6_z.jpg

pic 49 The giant robert (Castle in the Sky) on the roof top
9341610487_b9f073f6b0_z.jpg

pic 50 The Cat Bus(Totoro) on the 3rd floor. It is not allowed to take photo in the museum. I quietly took one photo from outside.
9341610539_bc34b3304e_z.jpg

pic 51 The famous Satou Beef at Kichijoji. If anybody not sure about Satou Beef, please google. :)
9344395936_2f0b099f8c_z.jpg

Thanks bro for the tip.

I thought of going Disneysea instead of land as it's the only one in the world.....haiz, decision time again....

Yes my Chinese is good hehe, can intro the site? :)
Haha, yes you can think this way also. That's why I planned two days to visit both. Anyway both site are too big to cover in one day. So you have planned early what items you want to play. We have been to Hongkong Disney last year, which is much smaller. Some popular items are the same. But Tokyo Disneyland is much much bigger. We played there till 9pm. Still have alot places didn't cover. Too tired.

By the way, one of the reason I choose Keio Plaza Hotel is they have free shutter bus to Disney!

I will PM you the site tomorrow when I go to office.

Forgot post some Disney Sea photos. So the sequence is a bit sala.
pic 53 The big earth outside Disney Sea
9341531925_3f40e785db_z.jpg

pic 54 Disney Train
9344317082_cbe7dfdd42_z.jpg

pic 36 The must see place: Tokyo night with Tokyo Tower, view from Roppongi Hills. The top left corner is Tokyo Sky Tree. This photo was shot through window at 52 floor, Tokyo City View. So difficult to shot through window, as there are many lights behind me. There is a Sky Deck on the roof, which is open area, the best for photographer. Regret it was closed due to raining when I visited there.
9298713581_5cbfabf3d0_b.jpg

Hi
was this shot at mori tower at roppongi hills?

Day 6 & 7 MT. Fuji
We actually went to Kawaguchiko Lake, not really went to MT Fuji. Kawaguchiko Lake has the one of the best view to MT Fuji, and it is very convenience to reach from Tokyo. We took the Highway Bus at Shinjuku station. It took about 2 hours to reach Kawaguchiko.

pic 55 In the highway bus
9352229062_2918768b4f_z.jpg

pic 56 Kawaguchiko Station for both bus and train
9352228900_6e5dc1df40_z.jpg

pic 57 We were lucky that the sky was clear when we reach there
9349447207_f8b5c32a70_z.jpg

pic 58 The lovely Fuji train
9352229064_14743ff50e_z.jpg

pic 59 Tourist Information Centre. The centre has great function. All tourist should not miss. First of all, you can get some discount coupons at counter. Secondly, the staff can help to call hotel to pick you up. If early prior to the check in time, you can leave your luggage in the centre. The staff will help to call hotel to pick up our luggage. The luggage was waiting us in the hotel room after all.
9349446993_5b0e66424e_z.jpg

pic 60 We bought two day bus tickets for this traditional bus which can bring us to the north part of Kawaguchiko Lake. Unlimited.
9352228828_bccaf1e6c2_z.jpg

pic 61 After lunch in a restaurant called "不动茶屋", we took the bus to Yagisaki Park, which is the last station of the bus. From here we can see...
9352406118_b18095f63e_z.jpg

pic 62 Every year from 21 Jun - 15Jul, there is a Fujikawaguchiko Herb Festival at Yagisaki Park. This is what I saw
9341868793_c63728ab65_z.jpg

pic 63 When we reach there, can't really see MT. Fuji. After one hour, we can see some outline of the mountain.
9349446909_fb5e13c04c_b.jpg

pic 64 Girl was happy
9301496062_1ebf6809f4_b.jpg

pic 65 Before we almost gave up, HERE IT IS! Although can't see 100%, I am very satisfy already. People say only 有缘人 can see it. I am happy saw it at the very first time.

One thing sadly need to be mentioned at here. This is the last I saw it during my tour. After that and the next day, we can't see Fuji at all due to thick clouds.
9301496054_86f43c057e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Next episode: Japanese style hotel at Kawaguchiko Lake. Really amazing experience. Anybody want to visit there, I strongly suggest this hotel. Will post photos tomorrow.

Next episode: Japanese style hotel at Kawaguchiko Lake. Really amazing experience. Anybody want to visit there, I strongly suggest this hotel. Will post photos tomorrow.

camping.