to all NSF, NSmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness said:
wahhh auntie z...thank u for thanking me hahahha....

nephew witness....of cos must thank u mah....u r now watching my back for me against the latest security threats facing our country...

so i can take photos in peace! :)

jsbn said:
Thanks for the thanks.

But some times shit is hard to ignore, u step onto it, it sticks and it stinks no matter how much u try to ignore.

Cheong? Yes, we'll still cheong hill. Shout Kill-kill-kill? Yes, we'll shout. But after seeing how other soldiers in ur same platoon behave, u get disillusioned really quick.

that's why the thanks....cos u put up with all the **** and disillusionment. i've had my own share of **** and disillusionment in NS, but i think on the whole it has been a positive experience.

zaren said:
nephew witness....of cos must thank u mah....u r now watching my back for me against the latest security threats facing our country...

so i can take photos in peace! :)

Hahahahahahaha.... in peace.. but not FREE.:sticktong .......also very expensive.

Wah you uncle liao. I alway though you are mix and young that's why very confuse..:sweatsm:

espn said:
Let's just fixed the ratio of

Occifers that are good : Occifers that Sux

at

1 : 100.

And those that are good, probably won't last beyond MAJ rank. It's the scholars that fly past ranks.

i've seen quite a few good senior officers (non-scholars) making it to LTC, COL and BG...

Gum sia gum sia......went into army, no problem.......come out liao......back problem, knee problem.......but not bad enough to downgrade, still must serve reservist, go for ATEC.....siong man.....

Some ppl no need serve NS, only kenna fine $5000.

My company mate lost his life during NS. Is this fair to him?

I think this law needs to be amended.

What kind of rubbish punishment is that?

zaren said:
i've seen quite a few good senior officers (non-scholars) making it to LTC, COL and BG...
I said, "probably".

Even if there are, I'm pretty sure my ratio of 1:100 still stands.

soma said:
Hahahahahahaha.... in peace.. but not FREE.:sticktong .......also very expensive.

Wah you uncle liao. I alway though you are mix and young that's why very confuse..:sweatsm:

u forever confused lah...still wanna pretend to be superman somemore!

yep, i'm an uncle... even the young soldiers in my army unit used to call me uncle...wahaha

Let's not forget the vow, we had made to defend our country.
Only if need arises, then we will fight.
Can fight or not that is another story la. :bsmilie:
The best is to win your enemy without fighting.
In terms of welfare and food, I think MINDEF had improved a lot.

So during peace time, we shoot with cameras.
Only in war time then we bring out our rifles. :bsmilie:

Ah_Seng said:
Gum sia gum sia......went into army, no problem.......come out liao......back problem, knee problem.......but not bad enough to downgrade, still must serve reservist, go for ATEC.....siong man.....

Some ppl no need serve NS, only kenna fine $5000.

My company mate lost his life during NS. Is this fair to him?

I think this law needs to be amended.

What kind of rubbish punishment is that?

for one thing....ppl who evade NS must visit every family who has lost a son during NS, apologise and pay respects those who died during NS.

he is being punished enough for 30 yrs for being forced to stay apart from his parents. we should be forgiving to him for the retribution of his erroneous ways is bound to haunt his conscience for the remainder of his life.

XXX Boy said:
But someone from the so-called 'rich and talented' person that AWOL to London for last 30 years even without serving any army came back with pride to homeland Singapore wif just a fine of $5000. Wat a shame! :thumbsd:

obewan said:

wah...u r thinking of zhuge liang ah.....the ultimate strategist who can scare away a powerful army without using any troops?

:bsmilie:

zaren said:
for one thing....ppl who evade NS must visit every family who has lost a son during NS, apologise and pay respects those who died during NS.

And take care of their parents forever if he's the only son.

kiwitan said:
he is being punished enough for 30 yrs for being forced to stay apart from his parents. we should be forgiving to him for the retribution of his erroneous ways is bound to haunt his conscience for the remainder of his life.

the disgust that many singaporeans feel about him will also haunt him for the rest of his life.

Ah_Seng said:
And take care of their parents forever if he's the only son.

excellent idea....it would definitely cost much more than a paltry $5000, and would also involve substantial amounts of time and effort on his part.

obewan said:

And I use the correct holding, aiming and firing techniques I learned in the range to shoot with the 300mmF4 w 1.4x TC - shoot in standing position without support - moving target some more. :bsmilie: :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.