Timelapse on NEX-7

coolpix

Nov 13, 2008
Can you do a timelapse on NEX-7 with a trigger?

Can you do a timelapse on NEX-7 with a trigger?

Sure,why not.
Beside the interval trigger, you will need an extra interface to trigger IR or mechanical to the shutter button. DIY mostly.
Right now there is very few time lapse trigger with direct Alpha trigger IR output. Most are also having simple functions. One I can see is "Temps Nex"

found another one: http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentled/auto.htm

Last edited:
Sure,why not.
Beside the interval trigger, you will need an extra interface to trigger IR or mechanical to the shutter button. DIY mostly.
Right now there is very few time lapse trigger with direct Alpha trigger IR output. Most are also having simple functions. One I can see is "Temps Nex"

found another one: Gentles Limited: gentLED-AUTO

Nice! thanks a lot

Anyone know if can use a standard IR transmitter with the Nexremote system?
Something like the RI universal remote (now on groupon at $19.90)?

Can't post links.. :p

Anyone know if can use a standard IR transmitter with the Nexremote system?
Something like the RI universal remote (now on groupon at $19.90)?

Can't post links.. :p

depends.
you need to be able to send correct Trigger code from your RI universal remote.

The device & application is very simple
It just send pulses in audio form to the head phone jack. Instead of driving the audio transducer to make sound, it turns the IR transmitter on/off (pulses).
Correct code (in pulse interval, pulse width) will be needed.
If you know the trigger code, it will not be too difficult to program an application to output sound to audio jack.

I Was thinking of working on Andriod version.
You basically can program a simple to full function Interval timer using Andriod APPs Dev Kit, interface to a simple IR transmitter via phone jack.

ah..then there is this application already.. by Bitshift(http://bitshift.funpic.de/). ..Search "DSLR Remote" in Andriod PLAY Store. You can make your own Jack to IR Transmitter cheaply.

No need to spend money to buy expensive Interval-timer.

Last edited:
Image quality is different.

depends.
you need to be able to send correct Trigger code from your RI universal remote.

The device & application is very simple
It just send pulses in audio form to the head phone jack. Instead of driving the audio transducer to make sound, it turns the IR transmitter on/off (pulses).
Correct code (in pulse interval, pulse width) will be needed.
If you know the trigger code, it will not be too difficult to program an application to output sound to audio jack.

I Was thinking of working on Andriod version.
You basically can program a simple to full function Interval timer using Andriod APPs Dev Kit, interface to a simple IR transmitter via phone jack.

ah..then there is this application already.. by Bitshift. ..Search "DSLR Remote" in Andriod PLAY Store. You can make your own Jack to IR Transmitter cheaply.

No need to spend money to buy expensive Interval-timer.
There are a few choices.. I can't post links so can't put here.

One is dslrbot, which I am thinking of trying. Can work for alot of cameras.
The other is Nexremote, a more simple interface with instructions of making your own DIY transmitter.
Both are for iphone.. only thing is, after getting this, we still need to find a way to position the phone near to the camera, or else use a long cable (like on dslrbot website example).

There are also people selling ready made IR transmitter for about US$10.. for us who are not so technically inclined or lazy. :p