This, I agree with

the Great Britian who left us high and dry when Japan invaded us. the thought of the British Empire makes me puke

in fact, looking far, not only our neighbor would invade us.

[video=youtube;ST8n3C9QUMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST8n3C9QUMA&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Last edited:
Not really an issue, if you had just understood the slightest hint of what I have been inferring in this thread, we will be more or less self-sufficient within 48 hours if everything goes as planned. I'll not delve further into topics regarding expeditionary / rapid deployment forces due to reason of Operations Security (OPSEC).

Also, blockading a Sea Line of Communication (SLOC) such as the Strait of Malacca will be in violation of Part III of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS III) with regards to freedom of transit passage. Doing so will piss a lot of nations off and thus it won't reflect well on the belligerent who does it. God knows what the consequences will be.

All right, better stop immediately before I crossed the line over for a free kopi. Cheers. ;)
ya, heard within certain hours, we must reach certain places and setup base camp.. BUT what if it is indonesia who want to attack us?

Big wars need nuclear. Small wars like ours are for military use internally only

ya, heard within certain hours, we must reach certain places and setup base camp.. BUT what if it is indonesia who want to attack us?

And why would they? Sg has no natural resources whatsoever.. they'd better of using the money for brain draining Sg :bsmilie:
Indonesia is rich with natural resources, they just need to replace the idiots who manage it.
Don't forget that Sg has more than 100k Indonesian too

Than may god have mercy on us, a two-fronted conflict may stretch our resources to its breaking point and that is not something that we can ill afford. Which is perhaps why we have been so amicable with the Indonesians despite a not so affectionate responses from them during multiple diplomatic situations though we can say the same for international relationship between Malaysia and Indonesia. ;)

When Malaysia and Indonesia commences with a joint exercise "Malindo Darsasa 3AB" codenamed Pukul Habis "Total Wipeout'" in Johor shy of our 26th year of independence, ThreatCon status was immediately raised and there was a massive open mobilisation. This was just one such publicised incidents with many others that had happened discreetly as the average Singaporeans continued with their everyday peaceful life.

Last edited:
I urge all Singaporeans to look @ the world around you from a bigger picture. Experience their culture, mingle with the people. Let's start with your neighbours, not Malaysia but those living next door to you, when was the last time you spoke to them in depth?

“Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.”

Albert Einstein

I'd like to add, tolerance as well.

P.S.
The problem is our "neighbours" can sometimes be very emotional and irrational so we need to stroke up the right trees. hehehee

Than may god have mercy on us, a two-fronted conflict may stretch our resources to its breaking point and that is not something that we can ill afford. Which is perhaps why we have been so amicable with the Indonesians despite a not so affectionate responses from them during multiple diplomatic situations though we can say the same for international relationship between Malaysia and Indonesia. ;)

When Malaysia and Indonesia commences with a joint exercise "Malindo Darsasa 3AB" codenamed Pukul Habis "Total Wipeout'" in Johor shy of our 26th year of independence, ThreatCon status was immediately raised and there was a massive open mobilisation. This was just one such publicised incidents with many others that had hppened discreetly as the average Singaporeans continued with their everyday peaceful life.
yes, heard it was held on the 9th of August and many units were on standby.. mine too.. would you share the incident with us?

ahboy168 said:
Can we just outsourced to US. So every year fixed operating cost for "protection money".
Then free up more resources for work force.
Why reinvent the wheel ?

eb6.jpg

yes, heard it was held on the 9th of August and many units were on standby.. mine too.. would you share the incident with us?
This incident was particularly sensitive as it had involved one of the largest joint airborne exercises in Southeast Asia almost within predetermined boundary limits of our PUB operated waterworks in Johor. Even as our "rear guard units" are being called up and mobilised, fighter-bomber squadrons of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) are ready to scramble in five minutes along with avant-garde reconnaissance and strike elements of the combined arms division in the highest possible state of readiness.

With all that said, it is in my most humble opinion that all parties know what the stakes are and any direct infighting short of your periodic bickering (which is to be expected even in a intimate relationship) between geographically inseparable neighbours next door from time to time, will absolutely do more harm for all in both economic and social aspects.

Foresighted planning in defence policies to prepare for the worst case scenarios possible is just what it is, nothing to make a big hoo-hah or worried about. In fact, Uncle Sam even have (or used to have) war plans which are meant to be use in scenarios whereby they might have to invade Canada and the United Kingdom.

Furthermore, we’ll have only each to rely on if and when the over 3,000,000 strong "中国人民解放军" start rolling down their officially self-proclaimed ancestral backyard dating back to the early Ming Dynasty in order to “reclaim what has been rightfully theirs” by invoking the Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA). Nothing beats uniting one another better than having a common adversary. ;)

Last edited:
Who is going to take care of our houses when our maids are called upon to go along with our soldiers? :-(

Who is going to take care of our houses when our maids are called upon to go along with our soldiers? :-(
That is just an isolated incident, if you have a chance to be deployed overseas for division or brigade size exercises in your next ICT. Please open your eyes big and watch for yourself how our young 3G NSF combatants in active units goes about pulling their own weight and also driving themselves to the limit in order to attempt and achieve the best REDCON status possible for their battalion during ATEC.

Sorry but I feel such statements strongly disparage the sacrifices that they had all made including hundreds of others who had died in their course of duties.

Last edited:
..... shy of our 26th year of independence........

26th year means 1991.

Not sure if this is related. In October 1987, on Black Monday the stock market crashed. Some people lost their pants. Some sons will run to their fathers for help. Some fathers will ask friends to help. If friends don't help, then relationships are hurt.

Last edited: