Thinking of buying E330

Status
Not open for further replies.
filters...? read that somewhere b4... they just screw onto the lenses' end right?
Then after that still can put the lens cap back on?

How much can i expect to spend? any recommended shops to purchase from?

Well, at least that's what I did on my last nikon.. i'll check it out and feedback here when I have gone down to the shop for a look-see.

Having owned the Olympus collection of bodies, I would prefer the E-330 to the E-500 in terms of versatility... the Live View would be helpful in composing waist level shots which is very flattering for touristy pictures... shooting at eye level, especially when you are tall, is not very flattering and does not cover enough skyline background.

And always having to bend to shoot is tiring... that is why the E-330 with the flip out screen is one up against the rest of the Olympus bodies. My only complaint with all the prosumer bodies is that the Auto WB is really weak as compared to the E-1.

Waiting and waiting for the new pro body to be released... oh man... the waiting is killing me... guess I can take the time to save money for the new pro body...

Yeap, that's part of my reasoning too when I was eyeing the E330. But i found out by chance that you can actually attach a 3rd party LCD on the viewfinder. So LV has become sorta non-issue anymore. :angel:

filters...? read that somewhere b4... they just screw onto the lenses' end right?
Then after that still can put the lens cap back on?

How much can i expect to spend? any recommended shops to purchase from?

yar.. screw the filter to the front and the lens cap can be put back on..

good quality filters will cost.. the cost depends on the filter size... thread size higher the more expensive it will get..

you will need 58mm UV filters for a start for ur E500.

good place to get? just call the usual shops to ask, see which shop can give cheapest. :bsmilie:

Yeap, that's part of my reasoning too when I was eyeing the E330. But i found out by chance that you can actually attach a 3rd party LCD on the viewfinder. So LV has become sorta non-issue anymore. :angel:

probably u are refering to zigview.. but think la.. u have to carry extra gear and batteries and stuff la..

advantage is u can fit it to other cameras.. well its up to you ;)

probably u are refering to zigview.. but think la.. u have to carry extra gear and batteries and stuff la..

advantage is u can fit it to other cameras.. well its up to you ;)

Yeah.. I think it's called zigview.. well at least it's a option? plus it wont eat into my battery life.. haha

Well, at least that's what I did on my last nikon.. i'll check it out and feedback here when I have gone down to the shop for a look-see.

Went down after work just now.. auntie florence said she sold the display set yesterday! Asked me to think about it and give her a call as new stock coming in on monday! Got 2 more days to cool down and think about it.. LOL

p.s. Auntie Florence looks like nice lady hor? :bsmilie:

You can buy clone BLM-1's if you want a FIRE HAZZARD!!!

Suggest you read about the clones on this page and compare them with the Olympus brand BLM-1:
http://t5r.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/e1/clonetests.htm

Personally I own 4 BLM-1s, since I own the HLD-3 which uses two batteries at a time.

No worries mike, almost everyone in Singapore uses Eastgear batteries, they have proved to be extremely reliable, no cam bursting into flames so far. ;)

Went down after work just now.. auntie florence said she sold the display set yesterday! Asked me to think about it and give her a call as new stock coming in on monday! Got 2 more days to cool down and think about it.. LOL

p.s. Auntie Florence looks like nice lady hor? :bsmilie:

Couldn't control myself and bought the E500 at HN tonight.. :confused:

1399 = E500 + dual lens, 1 x 1GB CF, 1 x 2GB CF, 1 x tripod, 1 x dry box, 1 x lowepro bag

1399 = E550 + dual lens, 1 x 1GB CF, 1 x 2GB CF, 1 x tripod, 1 x dry box, 1 x lowpro bag

you mean E500!

congrats man! :thumbsup:
now Shoot shoot shoot!

1399 = E550 + dual lens, 1 x 1GB CF, 1 x 2GB CF, 1 x tripod, 1 x dry box, 1 x lowpro bag

Steady... another E-500/Oly user liao...

Bought from the HN @ Funan?

not bad sia... i only got 2 x 1GB CF... LowePro bag? i only got a "cheapo" one... heh heh...

Check with u ah, did u get the Extended 2-year warranty as well?

Sigh... seems like all these packages change like nobody's business...

Steady... another E-500/Oly user liao...

Bought from the HN @ Funan?

not bad sia... i only got 2 x 1GB CF... LowePro bag? i only got a "cheapo" one... heh heh...

Check with u ah, did u get the Extended 2-year warranty as well?

Sigh... seems like all these packages change like nobody's business...

Bought it at centrepoint. Yeap, bought the 2 years EW at 120.. but I did not factor that into the 1399, as i think it's something extra.

Hi all,

New Olympian here.

Just bought the E-330 kit + FL-36. Havent really try it out yet. But the Live View in low light area.... eerr.... look like the place filled with millions of mosquito.... haha ;p

Anyway, will try it out tomorrow under normal day light. Overall performance and speed very satisfying.

My dad also bought an E-1 (display unit, think been there for quite some time d ;p ) + 14-54mm for RM4100.... I'd played around with it a bit, the focusing speed is incredibly fast, ergonomic is excellent, the menu/buttons are very user friendly, no fancy fancy stuff, just a tough, user friendly and reliable camera. Image quality wise, still need to test it out under normal day light.

Status
Not open for further replies.