The V2 is out

V2 is sure more interesting than V1. but i am surprise not a lot of nikon CSer is talking abt it..
lol...

synfan said:
V2 is sure more interesting than V1. but i am surprise not a lot of nikon CSer is talking abt it..
lol...

It looks hideous to many..
I'll love one that looks like the FM2..:)

Last edited:
lol...

I think the Nikon 1 series is more for people you buy cameras to take photos instead of decorating it with soft buttons, half cases or other hilarious stuff. It's probably not stylish enough to let it collect dust. ;-)

Last edited:
well.. i intend to use it to replace slr body if i go overseas.. would definately get the ft adapter too.. it will be a good replacement for dx format consider e strange 2.7 crop factor..

The V2 will b a good digital backup for a film slr.
Have earlier got the Lumix GX1 to partner mine aging Nikon F3.
May switch to the V2 to complete the family, great great grand dad with new born, hehe:)

Does anyone know how this fair compare to the OM-D?

Anyone knows when is the release date in singapore

can this cam fit with nikon dslr dx/fx lens?

buzzmario said:
can this cam fit with nikon dslr dx/fx lens?

With the adapter, just like the previous 1 series

The FT-1 should be able to fit V2 right?
Don't think they coming out with a FT-2 hor...oops! Me and my big mouth...
Maybe FT-2 can AF-C......

I would like to get the V2. It looks more professional than the V1. Also, economically speaking, it makes sense for Nikon DSLR owner to get the V1/2 and need not start a new lens collection from scratch.

does the af and vr still work with the adapter , lens and V2?

Yes, af and vr still works. The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec and the lack of Af-C...which is a major complaint as it looks like it only requires a firmware tweak.

Yes, af and vr still works. The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec and the lack of Af-C...which is a major complaint as it looks like it only requires a firmware tweak.

The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec ... is mean what?

also with nikon dsrl lens, the lenght is x 1.5 or x 2.0 ?

thanks

The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec ... is mean what?

also with nikon dsrl lens, the lenght is x 1.5 or x 2.0 ?

thanks
Regarding the first point, it simply means long exposures of more than 1 second is not possible.

Second point, the crop factor is 2.7x

Restrictions when using FT-1 Adaptor
  • Smart Photo Selector mode is not supported.
  • Motion Snapshots can be recorded only when an AF-S lens is attached and AF-S (Single AF) is selected for focus mode and then only when the camera is in focus. Do not attempt to adjust focus using the focus ring; if the ring is rotated, an error message will be displayed and pictures can not be taken until the message has cleared from the display and the camera has been refocused by pressing the shutter-release button halfway.
  • Shutter speeds of 1 s or slower are not available.
  • The sound monitor switch and focus operation button (Focus Lock/MEMORY RECALL/AF Start) have no eff etc.

Regarding the first point, it simply means long exposures of more than 1 second is not possible.

Second point, the crop factor is 2.7x

care to explain this in layman term?

•Motion Snapshots can be recorded only when an AF-S lens is attached and AF-S (Single AF) is selected for focus mode and then only when the camera is in focus. Do not attempt to adjust focus using the focus ring; if the ring is rotated, an error message will be displayed and pictures can not be taken until the message has cleared from the display and the camera has been refocused by pressing the shutter-release button halfway.

thanks

care to explain this in layman term?

•Motion Snapshots can be recorded only when an AF-S lens is attached and AF-S (Single AF) is selected for focus mode and then only when the camera is in focus. Do not attempt to adjust focus using the focus ring; if the ring is rotated, an error message will be displayed and pictures can not be taken until the message has cleared from the display and the camera has been refocused by pressing the shutter-release button halfway.

thanks
The Motion Snapshot feature (The one that takes a short slow motion clip and then a still) only works with AF-S lenses (So no AF-D, AI-S etc.) and only with AF-Single (Basically no manual focus and no auto focus continuous).