The power of Full Magnesium Alloy body.

don't really know the moral of this...but I am getting a sanDisk Extreme III CF card:thumbsup:

from the picture of their car, the weather seems clear. i got this feeling that one of the batteries (probably the ones in mac since the 7D looks charred only) exploded due to heat. that's purely a guess though :dunno:

surprising though that no one took video of the fire though.

To be fair, somebody should chuck an entry level Rebel series in the fire alongside to compare.

this is old news.

and it was stated it's the card that's fire-resistant, not the camera.

if you look closely at the card slot, it's singed, but not the card itself.

if you google this piece of news, officer john who handled the case stated that the card was left unscathed

don't really know the moral of this...but I am getting a sanDisk Extreme III CF card:thumbsup:

Haha... True! As if the camera still can be use.

Wa, like I'm going to care about a CF card that survived after I've been in an accident and my car (which costs more than the silly camera, lens and Macbook combined) is trashed to that extent. :rolleyes:

Tell you what, the all-powerful full magnesium alloy body also cui, I can buy an entry level camera and get a fire resistant box (I'm sure it won't cost more than the difference between an entry level camera and a ALL-POWERFUL FULL MAGNESIUM ALLOY BODY, in fact, probably at most 1/3 of the difference) and end up with the same result by practising good habit and putting CF cards into that box whenever I drive.

So what's your point? That people buy magnesium powerful alloy body to have their CF cards survive car accidents and fires?

Last edited:
Probably TS has a misconception on material properties.

Aerogel...

aerogelflowerfiltered.jpg

Suburb insulator.

aerogelbrick.jpg

Extremly strong.

But you wouldn't want your DSLR to be make of it since it shatter into extremely fine particles when compressed with a tight squeeze of the handgrip for example.

I think the moral of the story is that... when you buy a car, make sure that it is save and road worthy and not get from some unknown second hand dealers that didn't really bother to ensure that the car is okay to drive.

I mean, no car would just burst like that unless something is leaking and caught fire.

Camera and memory card is secondary.... safety first.

think de owner is more sad about the car than to recover the card from the camera

Ouch... I feel for whoever the camera belongs to... and morale of the story,

1) Before buying a car, check to see what the car is design for... a bomb or a travelling equipment.

Top Gear just reviewed this...the Marunder hahaa confirm bomb proof.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marauder_(vehicle)

800px-DSC0429.JPG