ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
Canon EOS D30 with Sigma 14mm f/2.8 @ f/16

abh.sized.jpg

Originally posted by ckiang
VERY soft. This must be a Sickma lens. :D

Regards
CK

eh......Simon already stopped down to f16 - cannnot be not sharp!

the softness seems like a focus problem...
maybe he read the DOF scale wrongly? ;p
or maybe he's just too lazy to do USM...

Also the foreground is underexposed. A .5 graduated neutral density filter would help here!

Originally posted by Red Dawn

eh......Simon already stopped down to f16 - cannnot be not sharp!

the softness seems like a focus problem...
maybe he read the DOF scale wrongly? ;p
or maybe he's just too lazy to do USM...

Also the foreground is underexposed. A .5 graduated neutral density filter would help here!

The picture is definitely soft. f/16 cannot be so soft, so either the lens is crap or the focus is off, or like you said, read DoF scale wrongly and set wrong hyerfocal distance.

Don't think there's a .5 NDGrad. Only .3, .6 and .9 for 1, 2 and 3 stops. That is, if memory serves me well. Cannot really use an ND Grad here because of the buildings.

A multiple exposure will help here.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

The picture is definitely soft. f/16 cannot be so soft, so either the lens is crap or the focus is off, or like you said, read DoF scale wrongly and set wrong hyerfocal distance.

Don't think there's a .5 NDGrad. Only .3, .6 and .9 for 1, 2 and 3 stops. That is, if memory serves me well. Cannot really use an ND Grad here because of the buildings.

A multiple exposure will help here.

Regards
CK

hoe about a non grad neutral density filter handheld to cover just the area above the dark areas?

Originally posted by Red Dawn

hoe about a non grad neutral density filter handheld to cover just the area above the dark areas?

Isn't it the same as a ND grad? :) You cover part of the buildings, and it will come out half light half dark. Not nice.

Regards
CK

Yap, Sigma 14mm @ f/16 1/200 and yet, it's not sharp.

I have to admit, i'm disapointed with this lens

abi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.