The Myth of GDP and its Effect on Real Incomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad that HDB and CPF scheme really seem to be a scam to squeeze us......

but every year still got a lot of PRs come in and buy hdb..... maybe grass is always greener at the other side

Hey Eyes, thanks so much for your compliments. I try. I noticed you are in Osaka, a wonderful place to live. I was hoping my wife could get a job in Japan. A place I've long wanted to live in.

Scanner- We're moving to San Francisco. Scary, one of the most expensive cities in USA is still waaayyy cheaper than Singapore.

even though i don't know u as a person. i bet it must have took a long thought process to come to this decision. i also don't know if migrate is the best decision for my future generations. wish you all the best man.

is just crazy to work our ass off to pay for HDB.

It could also be that the PRs position in their home countries are worse than us, so its greener here. Same as how we look towards more advanced countries and see the greener grass there.

For those PRs whose home countries have greener grass and YET they still come here with the less green grass, it could be because they were handsomely compensated to do so, far than they could ever get in their home country.

but every year still got a lot of PRs come in and buy hdb..... maybe grass is always greener at the other side

The reason is because the Govt does not believe in welfare or taking care of senior citizens.

The problem with CPF initially was because upon reaching 55, ther were people who withdrew and spent it all; thus becoming destitute and the Govt does not want to look after them. Hence the Minimum Sum came about by holding back part of it till you're 62. That didn't solve it and hence now the CPF life came about to try to drag until you're 80+. The proposed "fillial piety" law is also intended to ensure there's no one left that they need to take care off.

All in all, it is because the Govt takes the view that old people should not look towards the Govt but either themselves, or their children.

yes indeed. last time says can withdraw all after retirement. now comes out with new 'beneficial' scheme for us when we are old. i work hard all my life. in future,who is to dictate how i spend my money?who is to tell me i cannot spend my money in lump sum but instead feeds me in little bit of a couple of hundreds?for me to eat macdonalds?

with HDB so high?everybody must earn 20-30k to be able to braek out of this crap:thumbsd:

cpf to me is virtual money or money rob fr me.i am pretty sure i can do a gd job managing my own finance.i don't need that pathetic interest and i don't need them to keep it for me.and where exactly is our cpf money.it is never really fully disclose to us. Is it use in buying shares?if so why never profit share.if give grant why always zun zun got gst increment or some increment somewhere. The grant they give is useless.i have come to hate it when they announce they gonna give money because it will be reclaim back more and with interest.

i have never believe and trust the gahment will provide for me.i don't need it and i hate that seemingly so call good plans.it makes me sick.no offence to anyone here.but that's my view.i work hard to provide for my family.

You know what is the most sickening thing i've seen.it is at the end of my tax forn which says :thank you for contributing to nation building. Why thank me?when i'm not even given a chance to say no or bargain.

It is already locked until the day you die (the old minimum sum converted to CPF Life).

Lose again I think our CPF have to lock till 100 yrs old liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.