The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

well well by looking at the specs my current iPad doesn't seem to be outdated at all :D

It's very similar, but if you play hardcore games, you'd want to replace what you have most likely. I'm to the point where my second generation iPod touch just isn't working that smoothly with games that arrived in 2010.

iOS 4.3 Software Update

• This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
  • Personal Hotspot*
    Share iPhone 4 cellular data connection with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
  • iTunes Home Sharing
    Play music, movies and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
  • New AirPlay features**
    Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
    Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
  • Faster Safari performance with Apple Nitro JavaScript engine
  • HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter***
    View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
  • Ping features
    Push notifications for comments and follow requests
    Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
    Parental controls
  • New Settings
    Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
    iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
    Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
  • Bug fixes

*Requires iPhone 4 with tethering data plan
**Requires Apple TV (2nd generation) running software version 4.2 or later
***iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation)

For information on the security content of this update, please visit:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

This update is available via iTunes.

Anyone got the prices for MacBook Pro 13" in the IT Fair today?

iOS 4.3 Software Update

• This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
  • Personal Hotspot*
    Share iPhone 4 cellular data connection with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
  • iTunes Home Sharing
    Play music, movies and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
  • New AirPlay features**
    Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
    Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
  • Faster Safari performance with Apple Nitro JavaScript engine
  • HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter***
    View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
  • Ping features
    Push notifications for comments and follow requests
    Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
    Parental controls
  • New Settings
    Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
    iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
    Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
  • Bug fixes

*Requires iPhone 4 with tethering data plan
**Requires Apple TV (2nd generation) running software version 4.2 or later
***iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation)

For information on the security content of this update, please visit:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

This update is available via iTunes.

updated to iOS4.3 and my phone batt went kapuk while i was sleeping...70% down to totally flat in a matter of 6hours. woke up and thought my phone was spoilt, only to find a flashing battery icon when i pressed the power button.

anyone experienced the same thing?

updated to iOS4.3 and my phone batt went kapuk while i was sleeping...70% down to totally flat in a matter of 6hours. woke up and thought my phone was spoilt, only to find a flashing battery icon when i pressed the power button.

anyone experienced the same thing?

Maybe some app was running in the background which used the GPS or other networking features. This might drain the battery. I also upgraded to 4.3 and no such thing happened to me yet (fingers crossed).

Maybe some app was running in the background which used the GPS or other networking features. This might drain the battery. I also upgraded to 4.3 and no such thing happened to me yet (fingers crossed).

problem didnt occur to me before when i was on 4.2.1..i always close all my apps before going to bed..will monitor the problem again for the next few days

Just wondering if anyone is using the lowest end macbook air (not the new one) for photoshop editing?

Lowest MBA is a 2G RAM 64G SSD, why on earth do they make these.. my guess is for surfing web, reading email, can't be good for photo editing, am using the full blown version 4G 256G SSD though it is the version prior to Thunderbolt, sianz just a 6 months sporadic use only and now saw a newer model out.

Although mine is still very much adequate but still feels like want to upgrade. i5 or i7 processor would be really nice, I wonder how much improvement on speed?

Hi, mine is 2GB Ram and 128 flash storage. 6 mths not too bad, I jst bght mine in june. :( and that hurts!!

I m planning to sell my pro 15" and just keep the MBA. But worried that the MBA will have prblms with CS5... Thats y im asking...

I think its because I had upgraded to OS Lion, all the working ones stop working now and new addons also can't work. Youtude code change might also caused the problem.

I think its because I had upgraded to OS Lion, all the working ones stop working now and new addons also can't work. Youtude code change might also caused the problem.

video downloadhelper works for me on lion.

Any good free programe to recommendation for copying You tube to MAC ??

If you're on Safari, click on Activity. Look for your Youtube window, and look for the likely file -- it's normally the large one being downloaded. Double-click on that and another browser window will open. Safari should then start downloading the FLV file.
2 things to note:
- you need to start downloading before the vid has fully loaded
- add a .flv extension to the d/l-ed file. I open in VLC player
- it works most of the time for me, but there are issues with some vids (cannot d/l for some reason)

overview_title.png

http://www.apple.com/icloud/

http://www.apple.com/icloud/what-is.html

http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/