The Mac Thread (Apple related Stuff)

any snow leopard users facing major issues with the OS or have there been patches out already?

so far nothing major for me. just a few apps like screensavers stopped working cos they changed the way things work internally. in fact i thought it was a lot less problematic than the early os x upgrades.

have you upgraded to 10.6.2 yet? anyway for any os x upgrade, i recommend downloading the combo update from apple support site instead of using the software update app. after upgrading and rebooting, it's advisable to repair disk permissions on your system drive.

i'd be getting my MBP in dec..currently using iMac with 10.5 and i'm wondering if it's possible to use time machine and copy the apps over to the new system or should i just reinstall all the apps?

Oh yippe! Great, thanks xhui for this cool Mac thread! :p

Here's my question: Anyone used HFS+ to format their HDD or MacDrive for PC? Ermm, this is the first time I heard of these. :embrass:

If I wanna share (read and write functions) an external HDD between PC and my Mac, the best way is to do a FAT32 format? I suppose the 4GB file size limit isn't too much of a problem rite... cos I don't foresee myself having any single file that large.... unless it's some movie?

Thanks.... :D

Enjoy your stay here and help/share with fellow mac users ya! :)

i'd be getting my MBP in dec..currently using iMac with 10.5 and i'm wondering if it's possible to use time machine and copy the apps over to the new system or should i just reinstall all the apps?

So far no major issues with my snowy. Probably you wanna do some "googling" on the kinds of apps you are using explicitly which you suspect would have problems with? Shouldn't have la.

Usually when i do OS updates/upgrades, i do a clean install (Erase and install) and reinstall my stuffs, but again, i don't have THAT many apps to reinstall and its pretty quick to reinstall actually. Or rather i feel "cleaner" that way.

Just double check the stuffs to backup though. :)

any snow leopard users facing major issues with the OS or have there been patches out already?

so far no issues for me since I did the OS upgrade from Leopard (?). :)

Me too, no major issue after the upgrade but have some serious problem on my window 7 os in the imac.

The window 7 os always cannot detect my sound card, therefore I must insert the mac disk to repair. After repair, maybe 1 to 2 days later, the problem comes back. On top of that, the system will always hang and no way to reboot. (Same thing, once restart, insert my window 7 disk to repair but problem still come back) I got no choice but switch back to snowy for a much flawless OS.

Anyone have this problem?:dunno:

Ah.. not bad. I see some live chatting around in Mac thread.

Im holding on to Macbook and working really fine. Downloaded the Lightroom 3 Beta and it is indeed good tho.

Nope, no problems on my side as well. In my studio, we have upgraded the MacBook, MacBookpro, iMac and also the MacPro without any problem.

Anyone going for the M1 mobile deal that is giving away macbook or upgrade to a imac?

i have no problems with Snow Leopard (10.6.2) yet or maybe i'm still new to Mac and issues are not yet apparent to me.

but i do have some minor issues with the Magic Mouse. sometimes, when i move the mouse around, the page scrolls vertically by itself... about 10-15 lines. it's really annoying. btw, i was not touching the top part of the mouse.

anyone have such experience? is it mouse problem?

what does 'Deauthorise Computer' on the iTunes really means? does it means deauthorising a computer from syncing with iPod/iPhone or simply means deauthorising the computer from downloading stuff via iTuens?

perviously, my iPhone is synced with my office laptop and home PC. so, iTunes tells me that i've used 2 out of the allowed 5 authorisations.

now that i've got the iMac, i'll be abandoning my PC and want to reclaim that 1 authorisation. so, does the 'Deauthorise Computer' do just that?

no major issues for me either. so far only my marine aquarium screensaver and the iwow2 plugin are not compatible. not a big deal for me.

best is to reinstall your apps. we tend to collect a lot of apps that we hardly use later so its a good time to start clean. besides a number of apps have been updated for snow leopard so make sure you have the latest updates for them.

what does 'Deauthorise Computer' on the iTunes really means? does it means deauthorising a computer from syncing with iPod/iPhone or simply means deauthorising the computer from downloading stuff via iTuens?

perviously, my iPhone is synced with my office laptop and home PC. so, iTunes tells me that i've used 2 out of the allowed 5 authorisations.

now that i've got the iMac, i'll be abandoning my PC and want to reclaim that 1 authorisation. so, does the 'Deauthorise Computer' do just that?

apple allows you to use content purchased for its itunes online store on up to 5 computers. so yes, deauthorize computer will reclaim 1 back.

more info here.

i have no problems with Snow Leopard (10.6.2) yet or maybe i'm still new to Mac and issues are not yet apparent to me.

but i do have some minor issues with the Magic Mouse. sometimes, when i move the mouse around, the page scrolls vertically by itself... about 10-15 lines. it's really annoying. btw, i was not touching the top part of the mouse.

anyone have such experience? is it mouse problem?

i haven't used the magic mouse before, but from past experience wireless (bluetooth or rf) mice tend to be rather flaky. i bought 2 apple bluetooth mice in the past and gave up on them. even the bluetooth keyboard gave me problems like repeating keys. i'm now using wired keyboard and mouse.

apple allows you to use content purchased for its itunes online store on up to 5 computers. so yes, deauthorize computer will reclaim 1 back.

more info here.

yay, in-house consultant is in! :gbounce:

I also use their wired-keyboard w numeric pad and a logitech mousie. Don't like the lagginess and battery operated stuffs for the wireless or BT. :p

i haven't used the magic mouse before, but from past experience wireless (bluetooth or rf) mice tend to be rather flaky. i bought 2 apple bluetooth mice in the past and gave up on them. even the bluetooth keyboard gave me problems like repeating keys. i'm now using wired keyboard and mouse.

conclusion is... hardware problem. can i get an exchange for another Magic Mouse and see if the problem still occurs?