Singapore
0018.jpg

just great!
hope that she's alright.

i do feel the same.
i touched by the photo. :what:

Hi Regit!
Good photograph!

Just looked through the rest, the photographs are very well done.
Do you spend a lot of time there? You know the people there?
I think all the pictures really work. I see from the first that you've planned everything so well, or is that a record of which pic is which?

powerful and lovely shot...

Love it...

Will you do that for your wife?

regit said:

Hey

Is is possible you post a bigger pics...cause the wedding ring detail is there...just kinda small for us to make out.. will be a lot nicer...

chouk said:
just great!
hope that she's alright.

Very sadly, she's been paralysed neck down for years now. But the husband would come to her everyday to care for her.

adamadam said:
Hi Regit!
Good photograph!

Just looked through the rest, the photographs are very well done.
Do you spend a lot of time there? You know the people there?
I think all the pictures really work. I see from the first that you've planned everything so well, or is that a record of which pic is which?

Thank you for the kind words. Are you referring to the pics on Pbase?
I spent about 3 weeks in there and most of the time taking to the people (or their family) I took photograph of. Actual shooting time is actually rather limited. While talking to them, I've made sketches of the lighting conditions, their positions, etc... A good learning experience for me.

westwest1 said:
Hey

Is is possible you post a bigger pics...cause the wedding ring detail is there...just kinda small for us to make out.. will be a lot nicer...

Here's a larger one... I actually have a isolated shot on the "ring" only. However, the negs are on their way to Singapore as I'm in the process of moving... I'll get some in when I arrive.

original.jpg

touching photo. GREAT shot

Hi there, perhaps i've been surfing around the internet too long, but i don't find the title to be congruent with the picture. In fact, the first impression i got was that you were trying to poke fun at the elderly couple, perhaps it's because i feel strongly against portraying the elderly as needy, which in this case is shown by the woman stretching for the food. It's exacerbated somewhat by the size of the first pic, and less obvious with the larger verison. Obviously i'm sure you don't really mean to do that, but i'd just like to share my first impression.

shojibake said:
Hi there, perhaps i've been surfing around the internet too long, but i don't find the title to be congruent with the picture. In fact, the first impression i got was that you were trying to poke fun at the elderly couple, perhaps it's because i feel strongly against portraying the elderly as needy, which in this case is shown by the woman stretching for the food. It's exacerbated somewhat by the size of the first pic, and less obvious with the larger verison. Obviously i'm sure you don't really mean to do that, but i'd just like to share my first impression.

Not a problem at all, we are all entitle to interpret an image... As for the title, it is based on how I see the picture. Firstly, I see the context surrounding the picture and not the isolated elements. Needy or looking for food never cross my mind till you mentioned it. I see a gentleman caring for his wife out of love and I most certainly think that elderlies are very capable of love. The story of Sid and Kat has both a sad and happy side; and I simply choose to celebrate the happy and loving side of it... hence, the "the loving couple".

regit said:
Not a problem at all, we are all entitle to interpret an image... As for the title, it is based on how I see the picture. Firstly, I see the context surrounding the picture and not the isolated elements. Needy or looking for food never cross my mind till you mentioned it. I see a gentleman caring for his wife out of love and I most certainly think that elderlies are very capable of love. The story of Sid and Kat has both a sad and happy side; and I simply choose to celebrate the happy and loving side of it... hence, the "the loving couple".

i agree too when i sees the pic, i dont see the side of them being as a needy but more of a loving couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.