The Little Red Dress Fashion Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there would be more Looking for TFCD models with requirements of having little red dresses.....

must be "little"? :bsmilie:

Btw.... what are the prizes? did they specific?

Prizes are as follows:
Student Category Prizes:
1st - Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM (worth $968)
2nd - Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 EX DG (worth $738)
3rd - Sigma Camera Bag & Tripod (worth $438)

Open Category Prizes:
1st - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC MACRO ($998)
2nd - Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 EX DG (worth $738)
3rd - Sigma Camera Bag & Tripod (worth $438)

Their deadlines keep on changing, prizes also suddenly changed... :dunno:

i tink they did mention abit being too rush also. 31st december right? still very rush, its a challenge too :bsmilie:

ok i pull out first. clear for you runway :sweat:

lol i'm in control tower

Photos must be at least 300 dpi

wow how many megapixel is that?

i need to blow up my pics i guess?

It depends how many inches you define your pic. The organisers set a maximum but not a minimum, so a 6x4 at 300dpi = 1800x1200 = 2160000 = 2.1MP. Surely you have a camera that can shoot at least 2.1MP !?! If not,and like me you still have a old 1.6 MP camera:bsmilie:, then just crop smaller.

If they only look at the screen, your pic will look good upto 4x your original size because screen can only resolve 72dpi, no matter what you do. So even if you shoot and crop to 4 inches by 3 inch (1 MP), also can........;)

im so confuzzled right now. erks, i dont even know where to start.

usually i resize my photos to 800 x 600.

that table you gave i cannot decipher.
im a himbo yesh.lol

nvm i'll figure something soon

dpi is printing resolution. image can be of any size but for printing purposes 300dpi is the recommended and standard setting if you want to print the image :)
correct me if i'm wrong, of course :)

hahah so it doesnt matter if i resize down to 800 x600 px? that'll be less than 1mp tho lol.

But my camera is of 8mp the max dpi size should be 3264 x 2448?
i wanna resize tho i already have a decent idea of what to convey.

must the 3-10 photo spread corelates tho?

hahah so it doesnt matter if i resize down to 800 x600 px? that'll be less than 1mp tho lol.

But my camera is of 8mp the max dpi size should be 3264 x 2448?
i wanna resize tho i already have a decent idea of what to convey.

must the 3-10 photo spread corelates tho?

no no, dpi is not your image size. hope this explains a little...

"Dots Per Inch. Number of dots a printer or device (like a monitor) can display per linear inch. For example, most laser printers have a resolution of 300 dpi, most monitors 72 dpi, most PostScript imagesetters 1200 to 2450 dpi. Photo quality inkjet printers now range from 1200 to 2400 dpi."
- from http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=411&pq-locale=en_NO

Hi guys,

Sorry for the confusion. The prizes was not changed, but rather, there was a typo in the prizes initially at the Singapore Heart Foundation website. The team sincerely apologises for the mistake.

Just to clarify the prizes includes SIGMA lenses and products. Winners can also be under the mentorship of the judges and get a chance to be featured in CLEO and other publicity ads by the Heart Foundation.

This is for a good cause as the photos you create will be used to publicise about heart disease awareness amongst women. Furthermore, you get a chance to build your creative portfolio.

As for the mounts for the lenses. Here are the the information as provided by SIGMA:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM - compatible with all digital Nikon or Canon
Sigma18-50mm F2.8 EX DC MACRO - compatible with digital Nikon only
Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 EX DG - compatible with digital and analogue

Let me know if I can clarify any other doubts. Looking forward to your entries!

Email to littlereddress@heart.org.sg to register and snail mail your photos in a CD / DVD to the Heart Foundation when you are ready to submit your works.

More information can be found at the following websites:
SHF website: http://67.222.129.154/~myheart/?page_id=1130
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=37406222529

Yours Sincerely,
Janus Goh
Publicity Manager
The Little Red Dress Fashion Photography Competition
e. littlereddress@heart.org.sg

------

Hi again!

Just some more clarification:

Photoshop and editing is allowed.

Send in the photos in the maximum possible resolution as the winners entries may be printed on large publicity materials.

Regards,
Janus Goh

Can the TS please comment on the rights of the images submitted for the competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.