The dead end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
kfeng said:
Hi, if i were doing this kinda shot, i would use an EVF.
The CCD sensor is my "eye", and it is blinded by the sun and not me.
So to those D/SLR users (who shoot the sun), maybe get a P&S with EVF (not enough for LCD or normal optical VF)

How do you think I managed to shoot the transit of venus in april this year?

And as to whether my P&S CCD is spoilt, i don't think so, even after shooting at the sun for so long, and i'm still using the P&S camera.

The ccd and evf work and in hand to allow you to see the image. Hence you are exposing the ccd to the direct rays of the sun in the case of a P&S. :nono:

The dslr on the other hand exposes the ccd/cmos sensor for 1/x of a second when the shutter is open. The image in the viewfinder is reflected from the mirrror.
:D

Back to the thread.... yeah it works for me... but its a little underexposed. May wanna edit it a bit to bump it up a bit...

Zplus said:
The ccd and evf work and in hand to allow you to see the image. Hence you are exposing the ccd to the direct rays of the sun in the case of a P&S. :nono:

The dslr on the other hand exposes the ccd/cmos sensor for 1/x of a second when the shutter is open. The image in the viewfinder is reflected from the mirrror.
:D

Back to the thread.... yeah it works for me... but its a little underexposed. May wanna edit it a bit to bump it up a bit...
Hi Zplus,

Thanks for your comments. It was really hard to get a properly exposed dead end sign because of the shutter speed I got from the camera even at f22. I even pushed the FEC to +2 2/3 and the sign still came out not too good. I PS'd it to give the more yellow vibrance from the sign but any further the sign will look flat and the textures will be lost. :(

Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.