The CS Bowlers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Denosha (Star Bowl - HomeTeamNS @ Bukit Batok, RH Hook)
2. ToGu (Star Bowl - HomeTeamNS @ Bukit Batok, HF Spin)
3. frostyIntrepid (Cathay Bowl @ SAFRA Yishun, RH Hook)
4. Zaren (SICC - 13 wonders, Straight ball!)
5. synapseman (still searching for home ground, RH Hook, Cuda 2000, Blue Dot.)
6. Bluestrike (Mt Faber SAFRA, spin)
7. Kegler (a few places, RH Hook)
8. Goondoo (home ground became K-box, occasionally played in Cathay Bowl @ SAFRA Yishun when friends are free, RH Hook)
9. Sharpion (Changi Beach Club @ RH Hook)
10.Saratok (Any places also can bowl)
11. tltan (Safra Yishun or Grassroot Club YCK, RH hook?trying lah, plastic ball somemore. haha)

Victors can be quite crowded on sunday afternoons (not sure about sat tho). But I dun like their lanes. For one the approach is waaay too slippery. Their machines look like they are from the 60s or 70s and some of them seem to do damage. I tested my freshly drilled ball on their lanes and in only 4-5 games I got 3-4 chipped off bits on my brand new ball. This doesn't happen at other lanes (at least not that often). Best part is I complain to the people at the counter they say can only change my lane and see if it's better. They won't be able to track what's wrong with their machines... ... *sigh*

hey guys, here is my ball - Ebonite Savage

savage ball opt.jpg

Mmm.. Ebonite. My first 2 balls were Ebonite. Then I stopped supporting them when I realised their balls seem to die faster (as in lose reaction). My Apex Aggression used to eat the lanes until about 1.5-2 yrs down the road the reaction starting getting worse and worse until it basically almost became like a spare ball. Even Ebonite's "Powerhouse™ Hook Again Treatment" couldn't save it. My bro's Storm ball on the other hand has been hooking for like 4 yrs+ and still going.

Mmm.. Ebonite. My first 2 balls were Ebonite. Then I stopped supporting them when I realised their balls seem to die faster (as in lose reaction). My Apex Aggression used to eat the lanes until about 1.5-2 yrs down the road the reaction starting getting worse and worse until it basically almost became like a spare ball. Even Ebonite's "Powerhouse™ Hook Again Treatment" couldn't save it. My bro's Storm ball on the other hand has been hooking for like 4 yrs+ and still going.

im always a fan of storm and brunswick... my storm thunder road and brunswick Command arc zone still hitting well after 8yrs... hehe

im always a fan of storm and brunswick... my storm thunder road and brunswick Command arc zone still hitting well after 8yrs... hehe

i have to agree, i also had a storm ball before and they are really good but since it was old i bought this ebonite. However i feel its losing its power liao after abt 2 yrs - my next ball will almost defn be a storm - other ppl i know have been saying good things abt storm too :D

I'm now a converted Brunswick fan (although I think their ball graphics need help). Tried Hammer (The Deal) but that one really sucked. It promised an aggressive hook out of the box but it couldn't deliver. Even sanding it down doesn't give it the crazy power of the Brunswick Strike Zone (which uses the Ultimate Inferno coverstock but has a Asymmetrical core instead). I think my next ball with be an Inferno liao. :p

I like the Storm smells though. Hur hur.

Every ball is a good ball... drilling, lane condition and e way the bowler bowl affects it greatly

Cheers!

It bottoms down with bowlers.
I bought a few balls until I accept that cruel fact.

My $0.02 is that it's probably 10% the drilling layout, 30% the ball, how well it matches up to the bowlers style (axis of rotation, ball speed, revs, etc) and the lane conditions and 100% the bowler ('cos if he keeps throwing the ball into the gutter it doesn't matter what ball he's using). Oops, that's 140%. Hur hur.

My $0.02 is that it's probably 10% the drilling layout, 30% the ball, how well it matches up to the bowlers style (axis of rotation, ball speed, revs, etc) and the lane conditions and 100% the bowler ('cos if he keeps throwing the ball into the gutter it doesn't matter what ball he's using). Oops, that's 140%. Hur hur.

some percentage must go to the lanes. a lot of difference between oily and dry lane especially to my miserly plastic ball. haha. it tells me that it likes dry lane.

some percentage must go to the lanes. a lot of difference between oily and dry lane especially to my miserly plastic ball. haha. it tells me that it likes dry lane.

Yeah, it does that's why I mentioned the ball matching up to the lane condition in the 30%. Hur hur. Using a heavy oil ball on a dry lane is a recipe for disaster as well. :sweat:

Wah! Pro! Hee hee. Nice to see someone else who isn't afraid to move left and play the outside boards. :)

Waoh. I like to see this kinda hook. =) Right to the corner and back. I cant do it

Status
Not open for further replies.