Teletext ends 30 September

If my 60+ year old mother can learn how to use her iPhone, iPad... and my old Samsung Tab 7.0 to download her HK, Korean movies to watch.... I think teaching your own parents to use new tech isn't all that 'impossible'... Before we had Teletext... didn't our parents and grandparents have to learn to use it too ??

And was it really such a slow day in Parliament that LTK have nothing else to bring out ?? Nothing more important happening in SG that couldn't be highlighted ?? :think:

Co-driver gps spoilt..anyhow hantam the roads hoping he strikes it lucky by playing to the gallery. Come on, I think we have more things to worry about than teletext. I see so many aunties and uncles using smartphones nowadays so it's def not a matter of education or inability. More like the willingness to adapt to changes.

My Co driver normally take care of which radio channels or CD to play, aircon cold or not.
How I drive or where I go, she got no say. Haha

My Co driver normally take care of which radio channels or CD to play, aircon cold or not.
How I drive or where I go, she got no say. Haha

what if she asks you to sleep on the sofa afterwards? :bsmilie:

If my 60+ year old mother can learn how to use her iPhone, iPad... and my old Samsung Tab 7.0 to download her HK, Korean movies to watch.... I think teaching your own parents to use new tech isn't all that 'impossible'... Before we had Teletext... didn't our parents and grandparents have to learn to use it too ??

And was it really such a slow day in Parliament that LTK have nothing else to bring out ?? Nothing more important happening in SG that couldn't be highlighted ?? :think:

I know of a very elderly who do not have any children and have no internet access at home.
To have basic home or mobile broadband, there is additional monthly cost.
To have a device to use the home or mobile broadband, there is additional cost.
Teletext was something which was "almost free".

The elderly told me that there are others who are in the similar situation.

The 4D and stocks information is available in Channel 899 of SCV. No issue.
An 82 year old stroke patient trades shares using Teletext?

Sorry I don't buy the story. Too fanciful. But if true, he definitely can continue doing so using Channel 899 of SCV.

Teletext is almost free.
$1 can mean very little to some but a lot to others.

I know of a very elderly who do not have any children and have no internet access at home.
To have basic home or mobile broadband, there is additional monthly cost.
To have a device to use the home or mobile broadband, there is additional cost.
Teletext was something which was "almost free".

The elderly told me that there are others who are in the similar situation.

It's very hard for the young today to appreciate such things as they have too much of a good life with many of them born with a iphone in their hands, an ipad and Nikon D7000 beside them. :)

That's why we put LTK in parliament to protect and champion our old way of life. :bsmilie:

The Americans are using iphones and ipads to subjugate and brainwash the world into blind submission. Only our wise old citizens of last generations don't fall for such trap by refusing to have anything to do with technology. :bsmilie:

They are the ones who will escape to a new world and start a new and stronger and hardier human race to fight the i-imperialism.

Last edited:
Teletext is almost free.
$1 can mean very little to some but a lot to others.
+1... not many here are old enough to know about brownouts, water shortages, or eating rice and soy sauce..

Now the only time they eat soy sauce with rice is when they are eating claypot rice or chicken rice..

It's very hard for the young today to appreciate such things as they have too much of a good life with many of them born with a iphone in their hands, an ipad and Nikon D7000 beside them. :)

That's why we put LTK in parliament to protect and champion our old way of life. :bsmilie:

The Americans are using iphones and ipads to subjugate and brainwash the world into blind submission. Only our wise old citizens of last generations don't fall for such trap by refusing to have anything to do with technology. :bsmilie:

They are the ones who will escape to a new world and start a new and stronger and hardier human race to fight the i-imperialism.

On the young, seek and you'll find it that is not always at such.