Tekong is so beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
basket. i'm going in next sat.

my hair... my luscious... long... hair :cry:

Wai said:
That's why tekong BMT also known as tekong chalet

hehe and SAFTI MI is also SAFTI Country Club.

But its quite true that alot of the training areas and military camps contain some superb scenery. Remember one time was a sentry during GPMG livefiring beside a lake... saw some really great views, but pity photographic access in such areas are limited.

Koelsch & Waffle, enjoy your morning walks. :sweatsm: Take time to breath in those fresh air and enjoy those trees and those grasslands.

Bring some wine and cheese and you can sit by the seaside and enjoy a beautiful night out with your buddy, watching the stars and the CBD lights. :D

aloyteo said:
my bmt in tekong is coming to an end :cool: and i swear that tekong has simply the best natural landscapes one can find in singapore. the reclaimed land area looks like those wide african grasslands with a few isolated trees scattered around. during our morning walks, we can see a layer of fog floating above the ground and with the beautiful sunrise, we forgot all our tiredness. we can even see the CBD buildings from there aligned just behind changi airport control tower. and when the afternoon thunderstorms came, the sky was absoutely dramatic with clearly defined bands of rain approaching from the far distant. some relatively high hill in johor provided a splendid finishing touch to the backdrop. at night, the sky was filled densely with stars. all the time i was furious that i do not have my camera by my side to shoot, only my rifle ;) i hope that someday photographers can get permission to shoot on the island but i doubt so that it would ever happen....

to all guys who have not enter tekong yet, treasure ur time there. its a once in a lifetime experience, minus all the tekaning and arti drills haha :bsmilie:

other ns guys please share ur experiences too.

nice to hear you enjoy ur stay at BMTC ("C" for chalet haha).
i remember when i was at tekong, one noon after a heavy rain, two rainbows came out. it was beautiful :thumbsup:

ANYWAY..., since u like "untouched" places that much, hope you get the chance to go on top of the hills at live firing area...some places got nice viewing angles ;)

sighx......if u entered the sispec course there in the past (now at lim chu kang), during ex wanderer.....u will get to c much more of the island.......the interior where recruits dun go r so much much more beautiful. Once came across this stone bridge when we hollanded, the scene looks so sureal n out of this world. Then i find the island to be the best place to be for watchin asian aerospace (in future, sg aerospace) cos the planes r doin their stuff rite above ur head.

mercurial_streak said:
sighx......if u entered the sispec course there in the past (now at lim chu kang), during ex wanderer.....u will get to c much more of the island.......the interior where recruits dun go r so much much more beautiful. Once came across this stone bridge when we hollanded, the scene looks so sureal n out of this world. Then i find the island to be the best place to be for watchin asian aerospace (in future, sg aerospace) cos the planes r doin their stuff rite above ur head.

say say say!!!

making the best out of a horrible condition? well done! :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

remember to bring ur cammie in and tripod to snap those wonderful scenery. dun forget to share the fotos too! :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

gawd... left dat place more than 10yrs liao... still hate the route march when booking in...:(

heard its like SAF's sentosa nowadays. :bsmilie: wonder if the mozzies are still commando trained... :think:

nightwolf75 said:
heard its like SAF's sentosa nowadays. :bsmilie: wonder if the mozzies are still commando trained... :think:

i find the mosquitos there tame in comparison to those in lim chu kang. Lim Chu Kang is crazy. Once counted 50+ mosquito bites jus on the back of my hand in 1 nite (even though i applied saf mos repellant).

Cheesecake said:
say say say!!!

making the best out of a horrible condition? well done! :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

remember to bring ur cammie in and tripod to snap those wonderful scenery. dun forget to share the fotos too! :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

aiya......cant bring cam leh.........military place......

mercurial_streak said:
i find the mosquitos there tame in comparison to those in lim chu kang. Lim Chu Kang is crazy. Once counted 50+ mosquito bites jus on the back of my hand in 1 nite (even though i applied saf mos repellant).

i know... i used to be in IHQ when it was still in pasir laba. we were i/c of the live firing/training areas, and rumours had it dat those mozzies are armour trained... their skin is so tough saf repellent dun work. :confused:

mercurial_streak said:
aiya......cant bring cam leh.........military place......
obviously u're a newbie soldier! ;p classic one!! hahahaha!

do u still need me to teach u how to chow keng? :bsmilie:

the oldest standing order in the army is...

u can do anything but dun get caught!:bsmilie:
haf fun in the beautiful chalet while i endure all the back-stabs from my evil colleagues.

:bsmilie:

did my bmt there about 30 years ago. wow, how time flies! barracks were ground floor only.

Yeowww said:
boy boy, i was in tekong abt 20 years back, so much better then.

the bumboats fm changi jetty was so 'ancient'....the island was much more 'untouched'

reachme2003 said:
did my bmt there about 30 years ago. wow, how time flies! barracks were ground floor only.

BMT there 30 years ago? SALUTE to old bird reachme2003!

*man....i "miss" taking the RPL.......:bsmilie:

Left Tekong more than 20 years ago.

I remember the nights when I sat with my buddy staring at the mainland, wishing it was my girlfriend I was with. I remember when we prowled the camp site with CHANKUL sticks (what a joke, I think they did not trust recruits with the M16). And in my experience, the mozzies there were the best of its kind - you can tell that you were bitten unlike more civilised manland one.

Camp 1 is some British left over, single storey, breezy (because no solid walls but wooden louver all round). Are these still around?

I can smile at those times, but man, while I was there...

BTW, I find that the most beautiful scenery I have seen of a military site is Area D, armour live firing area, where you look across Pandan Reservoir and there were HDB blocks to be seen. :thumbsup:

tsjcsl said:
BTW, I find that the most beautiful scenery I have seen of a military site is Area D, armour live firing area, where you look across Pandan Reservoir and there were HDB blocks to be seen. :thumbsup:

u mean poyan reserviour? pandan reservior is a long way from area D. :sweatsm:

my personal fav spot is to go up temple hill and look across the whole live-firing area. i doubt the sniper school goes there now for their live-firing, since SISPEC/SIW are in tekong now.

i went for a nephew enlistment at Tekong and at the cookhouse i took out my camera to take pictures of my nephew makaning .. and up came a corporal running to say i can't take pics..:bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
u mean poyan reserviour? pandan reservior is a long way from area D. :sweatsm:

my personal fav spot is to go up temple hill and look across the whole live-firing area. i doubt the sniper school goes there now for their live-firing, since SISPEC/SIW are in tekong now.

I heard SISPEC has relocated back to SAFTI from P Tekong.

tsjcsl said:

yeah......at the top of "elephant hill" u cld c the tuas industrial area and the 2nd link as well. looks esp beautiful at nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.