Tamron lens / sigma / canon

dreamsz said:
What about Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8? anyone

Ignore my post

I'm using this lens with VC and it rocks. Good for a walkabout lens. I have another sigma 18-200, which was supposed to be a better walkabout lens given the range. But it works poorly in low light and almost impossible to use without a tripod after 100mm.

of course, I can always prefer Canon L series. But no budget 

I'm using this lens with VC and it rocks. Good for a walkabout lens. I have another sigma 18-200, which was supposed to be a better walkabout lens given the range. But it works poorly in low light and almost impossible to use without a tripod after 100mm.

of course, I can always prefer Canon L series. But no budget 

I bought this but the none VC one.

Hi pros,

Can you all share with me the difference between both?
Cause i check the price quite abit difference.
But i never tried a tamron lens before and i believe there must be a reason why there is such a price difference right?
Also, i try to use the function and search tamron vs canon in CS but hor, results is all the WTSell thread.
If you all got the info, can just post link i can go read.
I trust the people here more than google and read review cause i know the review you all give are base on what you have experience and not paid by these company to 'review' their items.

difference... own by different peeps, different company, different profit, different business strategies, different lenses. For dslr, Tamron does only lenses and a third party lens maker, sigma does mainly lenses and third party lens maker, canon only make lenses for canon dslr..... +.+....

coolthought said:
difference... own by different peeps, different company, different profit, different business strategies, different lenses. For dslr, Tamron does only lenses and a third party lens maker, sigma does mainly lenses and third party lens maker, canon only make lenses for canon dslr..... +.+....

Sigma does camera bodies too. Their latest APS-C body costed more than a fullframe body!

Hi all,

Thanks for helping me on question everytime i post.
This sets good example of a good forum .... of course its member too.

Of course not forgetting tehcbing that let me stalk with tons of question in MSN haha