Tamron 35/1.8 & 45/1.8 VC Di USD

artaman

Dec 21, 2014
planet earth
Hi all,

I'm quite surprised nobody's talking about this and this. Assuming the price and published MTF curves / set of features I have two questions:

1. List of Tamron dealers in Singapore?
2. Price and date expected here?

Thanks and feel free to discuss.

Stock in local shops already.

Was told the 45/1.8 is SGD9xx.. Which is quite pricey when you compare to a nikon 50/1.8G in my opinion.

Was told the 45/1.8 is SGD9xx.. Which is quite pricey when you compare to a nikon 50/1.8G in my opinion.

Its specs is quite diff from the present 50mm 1.8 from Canon or Nikon. Besides VC, it is 9 bladed, mfd 30cm, 10 elements 8 groups. In short, a more serious 50mm 1.8 wanna be. Sample pics that i saw are rather impressive esp taken with the minimum focus distance.

Its specs is quite diff from the present 50mm 1.8 from Canon or Nikon. Besides VC, it is 9 bladed, mfd 30cm, 10 elements 8 groups. In short, a more serious 50mm 1.8 wanna be. Sample pics that i saw are rather impressive esp taken with the minimum focus distance.

it's weather sealed also right?...

45mm f/1.8 for $9xx?

Hmm a bit pricey IMO, especially compared to other alternatives around (50mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4 etc). I can't see how weather seal and VC are valid reason for the price.

I might be wrong tho.. Only time will tell.

45mm f/1.8 for $9xx?

Hmm a bit pricey IMO, especially compared to other alternatives around (50mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4 etc). I can't see how weather seal and VC are valid reason for the price.

I might be wrong tho.. Only time will tell.

Justify if only it can outperform zeiss FE 55 f/1.8, which was over 1k during launch.

[video=youtube;JiLJK9d7MOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLJK9d7MOQ[/video]

[video=youtube;cct1uXOWp5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cct1uXOWp5E[/video]

think of borrow the lens from Tamron Sg, saw on the facebook they start with the loan program, anyone try it before?

I tried to borrow tamron lens 24-70mm VC f/2.8 last week, price reasonable, for more detail visit tamron face book.